Seated passengers purchased online EBay

Posted
Rating:

Cheap and cheerful if I could login

Hi Matt. Thank you for your reply. I have been spending too much time on YouTube, again. There is a recommended product which I am going to try “ Tacky Wax “ which allows one to get it wrong, and shift them as necessary, when deciding where to stick your travellers. Best wishes Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=321]SRman[/user] wrote:
……………….. I am more of an S scale (1/64), personally.

:mutley :mutley :mutley

:mutley :mutley :mutley :mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac. Thank you for your reply. That is very true, but, why bother to put OO on the box when they are so small? It could even be better if carriage makers gave the option of passengers on board, or empty trains . Which makes me think “ why on Earth am I bothering, when it would mean taking passengers into the depot “ at off peak or at night when stabling the train? Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Jeff.  Regarding “ Forced Perspective “ , I was thinking about “N” gauge houses on the back board to do the same?But I never got around to it.  Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Ive moved your question on tackywax for fixing passengers into this thread Kevin its further back up the topic page 1 post 6
Personally never used it but it sounds like an idea  :thumbs

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac.  And any interested parties. The Chinese travellers must have had a good swim, they have arrived early mind you they do have blank looks and could do with a bit of touching up to put a smile 😃 on their faces. They made good time as it is 1547 on Saturday 26 June, and have overtaken the screws that I had sent for . If someone could advise me I will have a go.  Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt. Thank you very much. I have purchased the tacky wax, and as soon as I get the paint and a smaller brush according to any advice that I may get, I hope to get down to putting a smile 😃 on their faces. Or maybe I can stick em in the 2 BIL or 2 HAL, which were not fitted with lighting?  Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  I am going to stick bums on seats today as seen on “YouTube Inter City 82 “,as he was quite pleased with the phrase as an old hand, I guess that it was okay. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Colin. Well done with the measurements, as far as Loco crews are concerned, I am hoping to have Modelu as standard. Before going “driver only “ one of the guards was 6foot 9 inches.   Best wishes Kevin
Ha ha. I once worked with a hot tempered Sicilian who was about 5'3" tall. He showed me his new drivers licence one day where he was described as 6' 9" He was very hot under the collar.  :lol:

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac. After all the banter about the Chinese travellers, and they are made in China, they are too big to fit into the Hornby 2HAL and I will have to chop off their legs, they are definitely different from the other ones that I saw.Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac. After all the banter about the Chinese travellers, and they are made in China, they are too big to fit into the Hornby 2HAL and I will have to chop off their legs, they are definitely different from the other ones that I saw.Best wishes Kevin
Hi Petermac.  This is an update, the Chinese Travellers must have walked here from Up North.   Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Have you cut off their legs and stuck them in then Kevin ?

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt. No not yet, but, I will have to. The worst of it is when they sit on open air benches. They will be left without a leg to stand on.   Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Stick some of them in your model pub ... people are known to get legless in such places!

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire
Online now: Yes Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Stick some of them in your model pub … people are known to get legless in such places!

:mutley :mutley :mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac.  This is an update, the Chinese Travellers must have walked here from Up North.   Best wishes Kevin

Well it's a good job you hadn't cut their legs off Kevin otherwise they might still be stuck in China.  I wonder why you think they arrived via the "northern" route …. :hmm

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Stick some of them in your model pub … people are known to get legless in such places!
Hi Jeff. Yeah verily yeah, I will drink 🍺 to that :mutley:mutley:mutley   . Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:

Well it's a good job you hadn't cut their legs off Kevin otherwise they might still be stuck in China.  I wonder why you think they arrived via the "northern" route …. :hmm
Petermac   inscrutable “ the Royal Mail “ post mark.  Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
JHi Rick.  I hope you are well. Following the lengthy discussion on seated passengers. I am now looking for Loco crew, but I cannot understand the price as advertised for the “ Modelu” brand or should I say two prices ie one about a fiver and  the upper price about £30.00, can you please advise me? Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac. Following on from all the jokes about ”  PRC “ made seated travellers. I have seen some lifelike figures made AFAIK by Modelu, I would like to purchase, at least, some Loco crews, trouble is I don’t understand the pricing for the same figure there is two prices one about a fiver and the £30.00 please advise. Best wishes Kevin

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.