A Birthday gift

Posted
Rating:
#257775 (In Topic #14085)
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Someone Actually listened to my hints this year !

These came last Thursday but only just got around to a quick photo ! It appears someone Actually listened to my 'Suttle' hints this year  :thumbs

I've also got one of the usb chargable spray guns coming, so look forward to experimenting with that when it arrives 

Cheers

A very happy  Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
  A very Happy Birthday Matt  :doublethumb, although I suspect a tad belated and what a lucky boy you are with such a lovely haul of pressies.

I’ve never tried Connemara ILW, although am fortunate to have a selection of others to be sipped appreciatively on appropriate occasions, usually when my friend Duncan comes to stay with his vintage automobile, as he always brings a couple of single malts, being a well brought up lad.

Is the bowstring bridge your first SMS kit? You should find it well made and once you get your airbrush, can show Peter how to paint it! Is the iparts expert for mobile phone of railway activities. It looks useful and may just help keep small parts where they need to be!

Enjoy the wee drams.

Best,

Bill
:cheers

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
I am so gratified that ILW has joined SLW and RLW in the YMR vocabulary!

D

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Very nice! 
Don’t drink that whisky and build the bridge! :mutley

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
[user=1814]Longchap[/user] wrote:
 A very Happy Birthday Matt  :doublethumb, although I suspect a tad belated and what a lucky boy you are with such a lovely haul of pressies.

I’ve never tried Connemara ILW, although am fortunate to have a selection of others to be sipped appreciatively on appropriate occasions, usually when my friend Duncan comes to stay with his vintage automobile, as he always brings a couple of single malts, being a well brought up lad.

Is the bowstring bridge your first SMS kit? You should find it well made and once you get your airbrush, can show Peter how to paint it! Is the iparts expert for mobile phone of railway activities. It looks useful and may just help keep small parts where they need to be!

Enjoy the wee drams.

Best,

Bill

Glenfiddich is my SLW of choice Bill and I always seam to aquire some on Birthdays and Christmas. But the Connemara was a gift from good Irish friends. . More peaty than my normal choice, BUT definately grows on you, especially after Two. . . Or three. . Ahem. . . Or four glasses  :cheers

Yes after seeing the Recommendations and end results posted on here I decided to take the plunge and Ordered my first SMS kit !

As for the Airbrush, again seeing it mentioned on here I thought it could be a handy piece of kit and Having been given an Amazon voucher, decided to try it out ( also ordered the cleaning kit to go with it)I know Peter was eyeing one up but can't remember if he did or didn't get one. It wont go near the bridge until I've had a practice run patching up a few bits of scenery  ' bashed' by the Grand kids whilst playing trains ( which is what I bought it for)

The iparts mat is an anti static, magnetic 500 degree proof soldering and repair mat. Although designed for mobile phones it was bought mainly for railway related use and will/ has already come in really handy, definately one of those " how did I manage without it ?" Purchases  :thumbs

Doug (ILW) so glad we are expanding the Forum vocabulary with such essential abreviations !  :mutley

Plenty to keep me busy, now just need a way of cloning myself to gain more time to do things !!

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote:

Plenty to keep me busy, now just need a way of cloning myself to gain more time to do things !!

Matt

:Red CardClones Matt - they will make the same mistakes as you do/did ………

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I would reach for the Glenfiddich first and admire the others while partaking of a 'small' drink.

Belated birthday wishes

Evan

Posted
Rating:
Either you've got "up-market" friends Matt or it was a significant birthday for which, I offer my belated greetings.

My SLW of choice is Macallan's but both Glenfiddich and Glenmorangie run a very close second.   :cheers

I did indeed buy one of those rechargeable airbrudhes but will leave you to report on yours before we compare notes ………..

The SMS bowstring girder bridge is a superb bit of kit.  Built in a very short time and superbly finished off.  However, as you can imagine, it's not the easiest model in the world to paint !

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Who's a lucky boy then??? Train stuff AND Red Laughing Water?………..Spoilt rotten you are!
Enjoy mate!

:pathead

Cheers,John.B.:thumbs

Posted
Rating:
It confuses SWMBO that I find such gifts make me happy… but it does make me happy. Which therefore makes her happy…. wins all round. 
Keep up the training and enjoy :lol:

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
A voucher for my local model shop is a very pleasing gift.  Supports a local business, I get something for the railway and it doesn't tax the buyer!
If we are recommending tipples, I cannot fault the choices mentioned, but will throw in a vote for Jura, Aberlour and, for a real treat, Auchentoshan.  I have a bottle from the year of my birth, now worth a tidy sum.

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
I chose a model from Locomotion as the profit goes towards restoration projects and its a model that I wanted.
The group of Irish friends ( more like family) take great delight in clubbing together to send me a different Whisky to try each year. 
I always end up with an Amazon voucher from other relatives and I normally try and buy something I probably wouldn't otherwise get round to trying, things like a raspberry pi, a gas soldering iron, a 3d pen and this year the battery Spray gun (yet to arive). 
The Bridge and the Glenfiddich were from my Son, although he DOES insist on then helping to drink the whisky :)

All in all a good Birthday  :thumbs

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Another well belated happy Birthday wish. Let me know when you need some help getting rid of that awful stuff that we have to drink.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Sorry Pete, mysteriously it seems to be ' Evaporating' by its self !  :cool wink
Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
:mutley

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Happy birthday Matt  :cheers
I celebrated mine yesterday on a 'triple-headed' train from Newport (Melbourne) to Ballarat. With only one stop in Geelong I think the firemen had a busy day on these fantastic locomotives!

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Another belated happy Birthday Claus.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
A belated Happy Birthday from me as well  Claus, that looks like an enjoyable day out ! I'm looking forward to our local SRPS opening up for the weekends again. I passed it the other day and they had the old class 37 cranked up pulling the maintenance carriage along  :thumbs
Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
It appears to be birthday time so a Happy Birthday to anyone who might be thinking of having one soon ….. :cheers :cheers :cheers
I wouldn't have wanted to stoke those locos Claus - how far is it from Newport to Ballarat and why 3 locos - are there some steep grades or are you very heavy ?   :hmm

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
I wouldn't have wanted to stoke those locos Claus - how far is it from Newport to Ballarat and why 3 locos - are there some steep grades or are you very heavy ?   :hmm

Remind me again Peter, what was it you did before you retired,. . . Diplomatic Corps was it ?  :mutley :mutley

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.