Whatsthename new OO steam DC terminus

Posted
Rating:

Layout blog

Hi Bill, one of my many other hobbies, fruit preservation…..HIC  :cheers

Here are a few more gallons trying to keep warm & toasty under the stairs.

Roger OO DC Steam
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Good heavens !  I'm surprised the men from the Excise haven't been round.  One of your "five a day" is it Roger ?

You don't by any chance grow tall nettle-like plants in there too do you ?   :mutley :mutley 

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Good heavens !  I'm surprised the men from the Excise haven't been round.  One of your "five a day" is it Roger ?

You don't by any chance grow tall nettle-like plants in there too do you ?   :mutley :mutley 

Not me sir but that is a "hobby"  :shock: of some in this part of the world, we have helicopters out at night hunting them with Infra-red camera's sometimes, makes a devil of a din when there over our village!

I also make a fizzy concoction I believe the French call Champagne  :shock:

Fortunately in the UK the Excise only get interested if your selling it!

Roger OO DC Steam

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Sorry for deleting your photo Roger. The only reason is possible copyright issues.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Alan,
Nothing to do with railways anyway, thread seriously off track  :???:
Roger

Roger OO DC Steam

Posted
Rating:
Hello everybody, nice to see the new forum. A long time has elapsed since my last post as I have moved house from Norfolk to North Lincolnshire and am still trying to recover!!

The railway being semi-portable moved with us and was re-erected quite quickly with a new lighting system before things in the house deteriorated from bad to worse so since late last summer I have been unable to do much running. I have attached some pictures of re-construction progress 30 views (552 KB) 27 views (891 KB) 29 views (889 KB) 26 views (932 KB)

Roger OO DC Steam

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Sorry to hear about the house problems Roger, good luck with the layout reconstruction.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Getting on well with the rebuild Roger,

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Hi everybody, thanks for the interest. Another backward step is about to take place as were having new double glazing fitted to that room and they need to access the windows behind the railway from the inside soooo the railway has to be dismantled again  :'(

Thank goodness it was designed to be semi-portable (because I had a feeling way back then we might move house) so I reckon done in a day each way including packing the stock & buildings.

So we will have been here a year come the 6th of next month and the only railway progress I can think of is the installation of 4 working semaphore signals and a bit of new lighting. Perhaps by the winter demands on my time elsewhere will have abated somewhat (assuming no new disasters come to light).

Great to see everybody else's progress, very inspiring  :)

Roger OO DC Steam

Posted
Rating:
Progress!! At last the railway is running again having been dismantled and in storage for over 3 months. It has moved along the lounge wall another 6ft towards the garden (is this a hint from SWMBO about it's future location!) due to further domestic discussions but is otherwise as before. The next little project is to install another working semaphore for the goods yard exit, as this is a crossover to either headshunt or main I am going to use a single post with two home arms as a space saver given the 1 inch length of plain track between the crossover and 1st point of the goods yard throat. I have all the bits except a home arm so far. The following pic shows lot's of activity in the yard.
0823 reconstruction.JPG
I have finally visited my local MRC on an open day AND my local model shop!! (I have only lived in this town for a year……) the model shop is very interesting featuring an old demonstration layout that must be 20ft x 8ft with a gangway down the middle, more to explore and lots of second hand stock, more visits required :)
OMG the MRC is stunning, it contains the east coast mainline from Kings-cross to Leeds central in O GAUGE! I include some pics here, it is massive, the building must be at least 60ft x 80ft divided into rooms (it's an old school) AND there is an upstairs clubroom! I am currently in negotiation with SWMBO to be allowed to join :)
P1170888.JPG P1170889.JPG P1170893.JPG And that is just a taster!

Last edit: by fourtytwo

Roger OO DC Steam

Posted
Rating:
Well, Roger, sounds like you're getting things organized.  The club I belong to in Montreal is building a very large 00 layout, but still not on the scale of that club layout.

I am of the belief that it is enormously helpful to join a club.  Solitary modelling is OK, but you need to be able to talk to others of a like mind.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
Absolutely agree John (and I have belonged to several before) however time is the limiting factor here as I am still into heavy house & garden renovation, SWMBO said "but you have a railway here" and she did consent to it being in a corner of the lounge so I will have to play the slow game :)

Roger OO DC Steam

Posted
Rating:
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.