Picture of the Month - March 2021

Posted
Rating:
#255097 (In Topic #14035)
Nominations can now be made here for the March Picture of the Month.

Picture of the Month competition Archive

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Penhayle, Penhayle, Penhayle!

:doublethumb :chicken :Happy

Posted
Rating:
I wonder - do you have a copy on file without the "photobucket" logo spoiling it Rick ?

If not, I think you managed to remove it on one of RJR's photos Matt - or am I dreaming ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Rick has most of his Photo's copyrighted Peter, so I'd rather let Rick sort it unless he wants me to ?
Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Matt - I'd forgotten Rick's copyright so yes, leave it to him for sure.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I think the Photobucket notice is just a PB thing, if you don't pay them money, your photos when posted via a link have this logo, mine do unless I copy the photo and paste it to my pc.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
From MaxSouthOz layout 2010

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote:
Rick has most of his Photo's copyrighted Peter, so I'd rather let Rick sort it unless he wants me to ?
Cheers

Matt
Petermac has kindly alerted me to this image having being nominated.  

I ceased to use my Photobucket account when they abruptly imposed a hefty hosting fee which I felt to be unreasonable and i obtained a better deal elsewhere.  As a result all my images which remain on their servers will display either as a corrupted or heavily-watermarked screen view.  I do not intend to re-host them; more recent images are hosted at SmugMug which offers me a better deal.

I am always happy for my images to be used in reasonable fair dealing.  Copyright exists by default whether claimed or not.  That said I am well aware of the ease with which it is possible to "steal" images from any site on the internet.  

Please feel free to make use of this "clean" copy and with my thanks for the nomination and interest still being shown in Penhayle Bay some four years after it closed.  

Last edit: by Gwiwer

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
That's a great choice Phil ………………………. :shock: :shock: :mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thought you'd like it Peter :) actually I posted by mistake and there's not "Delete" here as far as I can see?

Phil

Posted
Rating:
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:
Thought you'd like it Peter :) actually I posted by mistake and there's not "Delete" here as far as I can see?
I was searching for the secret photo!…

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
That's a great choice Phil ………………………. :shock: :shock: :mutley
It's not often we see fog modelled so well 

:mutley

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
'Snow on a white background' very well executed !! Incredibly difficult to photograph  :thumbs 

:mutley

Thanks Rick, I gathered that was the case re Photobucket. 

Just to clarify for other members, I have over the last few years repaired and, or returned a huge number of photos to YMRC. This was due to the actions of a particular hosting company blocking images and 'Demanding' Retrospective payments to unblock them  thereby damageing not just YMRC but a huge number of forums and blogs around the world. (Eventually a new CEO reversed the decision but the damage had already been done with large numbers of people simply deleting thier content from the host site)
 Initially my intention was just to recover the photos of YMRC'S FOUNDER Bob Heath (Sadly deceased) as despite huge efforts by Alan (Spurno) with the full blessing and help of Bob's widow, Bob's hosting company point blank refused to give access to his Barchester blog and this combined with PB's antic's meant almost all of his Photo's were missing from YMRC.
  The Task grew legs and I ended up repairing threads for other members ( both current and former)

In the case of current members I was either approached and asked OR I volunteered to, repair/ recover what I could

In the case of Former or dormant members, where Photos were still posted on the forum ( albeit blocked)  These were recovered and are now hosted directly within YMRC

Where a member or former member had REMOVED photos, these could not ( and would not) be restored. I attempted wherever possible to contact posters to let them know of these actions and let them know that ANY request to remove thier material would immediately be complied with and am delighted to say I have had no such requests to date.

Sadly we still have some missing Photos most of which were permanently deleted and un recoverable, and lots of broken links still. Every now and then I get fed up sticking pins in me eyelids and go orf chaising down and repairing broken links but If you see one, and can find a replacement link, feel free to PM me with the location of the old link and the new link and ill take alook  :thumbs

As for Ricks Penhale Bay, Rick would need to go in to each of his posts, Identify the Picture and then either download it, re upload it to the Forum and re do the Link, OR  re link from his new Host. . I think he would MUCH rather spend his time on his latest project !  :cool wink 

HTH

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
My choice.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
The ‘fun’ of the internet Matt ! Thanks for your hard work. I quite like the massive photobucket watermark across the photos. I think improves them! :mutley

Posted
Rating:
[user=1753]Gwiwer[/user] wrote:
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote:
Cheers

Matt
Petermac has kindly alerted me to this image having being nominated.  

Hi folks,

my original reply was accidentally OT not having anything to do with POTM. Intended to go to Rick's topic so I've deleted and moved it there.  :roll:

Last edit: by Colin W

Posted
Rating:
[user=606]Sol[/user] wrote:

My favourite for March 👍

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
[user=2172]Claus Ellef[/user] wrote:
[user=606]Sol[/user] wrote:

My favourite for March 👍
Mine as well.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Same thread as Phil's choice, but different picture.

Pannier on Shed

Ed
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.