Picture of the Month - December 2020

Posted
Rating:
#253019 (In Topic #14032)
OK everyone, post your nominations for the December Picture of the Month here please.

Picture of the Month competition Archive

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
By Geoff R   Man-Garth 2013

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:

Encouraged by others , here is my nomination.  Ben's engine shed and the 0-4-4T's fireman just about ready for the road.  Beautiful stuff captured just as we would if we were errant schoolboys bunking off to the embankment.

Barry

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
From the much loved & much admired Much Murkle

All stressed out, got addled brains?
Ride your bike or play with trains!

Posted
Rating:
My Nomination for December is this evocative scene from Chris Teasel Bays Remembrance Day ceremony.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: 
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

What could be more appropriate?

If you agree please  support this nomination by posting. We do want to make sure that  Peter makes the right decision…..we dont want any re  counts or lost ballots do we?

Last edit: by John Dew

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Here's my choice.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
[user=434]John Dew[/user] wrote:
My Nomination for December is this evocative scene from Chris Teasel Bays Remembrance Day ceremony.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: 
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

What could be more appropriate?

If you agree please  support this nomination by posting. We do want to make sure that  Peter makes the right decision…..we dont want any re  counts or lost ballots do we?

Hi John,

I concur and am sure that Peter will do good!

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
[user=434]John Dew[/user] wrote:
…………………………………………….We do want to make sure that  Peter makes the right decision…..we dont want any re  counts or lost ballots do we?

:mutley :mutley :mutley

I have a friend who will take care of the lawsuits …………………….. :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thank you for the nomination. If the vote is within 0.1% I demand a recount….. 

Posted
Rating:
I didn't get a chance to find a picture of Penhayle last month. After rummaging through the threads I found this one which was always one of my favourite views of Penhayle. Rick did a fantastic job of cutting the railway through the scenery (or is it the other way around…)

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:
Despite having nominated Ben's Highland line and being a big fan of Nick's Much Murkle, Chris's Rememberance Sunday picture is a no-brainer.

There are plenty of opportunities for Ben and Nick to win in later months (HINT!!).

Barry

Posted
Rating:
The one of the Remembrance Ceremony gets my vote. Not an easy choice to make as there are many fantastic scenes to select from.

Last edit: by Barneybuffer

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney

Posted
Rating:

And my vote too.  There is some lovely modelling going on at Teasel Bay from the "not so Novice" Chris, and I thoroughly enjoy seeing how he transforms his bare scenery into very believable landscapes.  What I like most about this particular scene is that it captures the fact that Remembrance Day is marked up and down the country, from the great and the good to small scenes such as this.  I have five relatives marked on the Faversham Memorial from WWI, one on my Grandfather's side, and four brothers from my Grandmother's side.  

Sadly, poppies were not on sale this year, but my pupils all made their own and made a donation to The RBL.  So hopefully scenes such as this will continue well into the future.

Well done Chris!

Michael

Last edit: by Headmaster

Posted
Rating:
[user=380]Kaiser[/user] wrote:
From the much loved & much admired Much Murkle

Despite the risks of recounts and lawsuits I will support this for the December Picture of the Month.

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Seconded

Posted
Rating:
My vote: Ben's Shed.

Posted
Rating:
[user=2006]Barry Miltenburg[/user] wrote:
Seconded

Thirded. Although I nearly abstained because of the choices. :-)

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Seconded
'ello 'ello 'ello; what's goin' on 'ere m'lud??? I believe M. Barry was the party wot proposed Ben's shed.

We seem to be headed to the "court of appeals" as certain of our electorate have been caught voting more than once. I'm not accepting the result of this election, (wait a minute, shouldn't I be doing this on Twitter??)

Posted
Rating:
[user=2170]Colin W[/user] wrote:
Seconded
'ello 'ello 'ello; what's goin' on 'ere m'lud??? I believe M. Barry was the party wot proposed Ben's shed.

We seem to be headed to the "court of appeals" as certain of our electorate have been caught voting more than once. I'm not accepting the result of this election, (wait a minute, shouldn't I be doing this on Twitter??)

:mutley :mutley :mutley

Fear not Colin, the electoral college police are on to it.  They think there may well be several spoiled papers this time around ………. :It's a no no

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I've put my vote in the post Peter, so don't forget to count it after the poll closes!

To protect my confidentiality, I've signed it in the time honoured way for these situations,

X

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.