Picture of the Month November - 2020

Posted
Rating:
Hi Barry
I have no idea what Peter's thoughts will be on this - or any other members for that matter, but I rather like the idea of members nominating photos.  Not only does it get me to revisit some fine layouts, but I have already found some  I had overlooked.

For me, ideally, it would be to choose a photo from those shared in each month, although I also appreciate Peter's comments about that.  A lot of people post works in progress - I know I do - so there isn't always a suitable choice, in which case I enjoy gong back through the catalogue.  I'd be delighted to see a photo from an obscure layout (whatever that actually means) and would be happy to vote for one - but it needs to be nominated.  Perhaps the problem in these first few months is that there are just too many to choose from, such is the quality of the modelling and the work involved, and like you, I enjoy so many of the layouts here.  But a nomination is also an encouragement for the builder: everyone likes a pat on the back every so often.

This way, I get to enjoy the chosen photo, but also all of the nominations, so there is even more to enjoy!  Hopefully you will add your own recommendations.

Rregards

Michael

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Do we have a nomination?

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
A close run thing but our Picture of the Month for November comes from Phil's Pen-y-Bryn:

Congratulation Phil - modelling of the highest standard.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Well deserved Phil, one of my favourite inspirational go-to layouts.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Good choice. My apologies I missed the vote thread until now!

Posted
Rating:
Excellent.
Well deserved Phil. I have always enjoyed that scene. I still remember the posts describing the painstaking way you created it …..magic

Best wishes

John

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Congratulations Phil - one of many photos that could have been chosen, and like John, I remember the amount of work that went into creating it all.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
I've somehow missed this interesting thread, but do agree with Michael and others that there are so many to choose from that it's a difficult decision to make. I'll try harder for December. Funnily enough most of my school reports seemed to suggest that I try harder.  :mutley

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1120]peterm[/user] wrote:
…………………………………………………………………………………………………. Funnily enough most of my school reports seemed to suggest that I try harder.  :mutley

Snap !!  It must be a "Peter" thing …………. :roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Michael and all

I rest my case.

Phil's picture (and his modelling) is wonderful but I cannot recall having seen that picture before.  Now I can enjoy it and go to explore Phil's work on his threads.  I have gained something else to inspire me rather than the layouts I tend to look at all the time.

I take the same attitude with YouTube channels, music etc.  Just recently I have discovered a number of young, modern musicians who I would never have listened to if they had not been "flagged" by others. [In my sixties I still consider my musical tastes to be eclectic - classical through to modern C&W, R&B and the occasional folkie!].

Barry

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Barry
That is great - I have similarly picked up on layouts I had not visited before, through this thread.  Some I can aspire to, others where I have learned a trick or two, and still others which show the many different aspects and pleasures of the hobby.  I'm looking forward to November's nominations - hopefully there will be a few current models in contention….. I'm looking forward to Chris "Teasel Bay's" Remembrance Parade, for one…

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Hi Barry and Michael

Great posts….thank you. I am sure Peter will agree with me when I say you guys have captured the essence of this project.

The more we encourage participation and recognise the work of all who contribuite then the more vibrant the club

Best wishes

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
I most certainly do agree with you John.

All organisations rely on, nay, thrive on member's input.  

Member participation, in one form or another ,is the very life-blood of this club and I'm sure I speak for most, if not all members, when I thank those who do contribute for their input.

The idea behind the "Picture of the Month" was to encourage members to look at both current and previous threads so that nothing simply disappears into the mists of time.  There are, and have been, many fantastic layouts shared on here over the years and I urge everyone to spend an hour or two studying them.  It will not be time wasted I can assure you.

Nominating a photograph from one of those layouts is a simple and hopefully, enjoyable way to get involved.

We're a small band in internet terms and as such, we are not only fellow modellers but also "virtual friends".   Those who were fortunate enough to have attended the exhibition we staged in Cornwall some years ago are true testament to that.  Most of us had never met but a common cause brought us all together - from all points of the globe - and my word, what a splendid weekend we had.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks all for the picture of the month, sorry, I'm a bit late with replying, as I've been doing a lot of recording etc lately and the modelling has had a rest  :roll:

Those cars are good to do, in fact there's more in that scene now, (all ready posted) the transformation is great, some parts are a bit tricky but well worth the time and effort :)

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
[user=1512]Headmaster[/user] wrote: I'm looking forward to November's nominations - hopefully there will be a few current models in contention….. I'm looking forward to Chris "Teasel Bay's" Remembrance Parade, for one…

Oh dear, I hope you aren’t disappointed!

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:
Thanks all for the picture of the month, sorry, I'm a bit late with replying, as I've been doing a lot of recording etc lately and the modelling has had a rest  :roll:

Those cars are good to do, in fact there's more in that scene now, (all ready posted) the transformation is great, some parts are a bit tricky but well worth the time and effort :)

Glad you finally found it Phil……I thought I might have to send you a link when my subtle hint didnt work :lol:

Delightedto see you at the top of the page…..very well deserved

I do like the latest batch of photos……contenders for another month?

Best wishes

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Thanks John, I finally got it :)

Phil

Posted
Rating:
👍👍👍

Sven
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.