Picture of the Month - September 2020

Posted
Rating:
#251793 (In Topic #14030)
Please post your choice for the "Picture of the Month" in this thread.

You can either copy the actual picture to here (preferable) or identify the thread (name) and post number of your choice.

Please vote generously …………………………………. :lol: :lol: :lol:

picture of the Month Archive

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
From Faversham Creek

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
I am a bit worried I might split the vote with Ron but I have to nominate this stunning street scene by the Headmaster on Faversham Creek…….Post 1075

Am I allowed any more?

Regards from Vancouver

John

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
I like both those and can't decide so either! under duress pick the second.

Last edit: by Colin W

Posted
Rating:
There are so many fabulous pictures to choose from but the others can wait for another month.

My selection this month is from Richard's "Far North Line", Post #130

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I'll drop this one in as I came across it again yesterday and it reminded me of the scratchbuild king

But my choice by a whisker is Sol's posting of Faversham creek.  Pure eye trickery !   :thumbs

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
This is going great guns - over 90 "views" and only 4 pictures posted.

Counting all the votes will be easy ………………………… :sad:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I wasn't sure about how far back in time we should go to find our pictures of the month, but as Peter has travelled back to 2012, choosing something from July seems quite current enough.
This is from Jencaster, by Ian Lancaster (IanLMS) which has some wonderful models and photography.

Michael

PS  Just a thought, but perhaps after this first month, it ought to be photos chosen from those posted in the particular month in question - otherwise there might be as many choices as there are choosers!  And perhaps easier to choose one as there are so many great pictures in the various threads.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1512]Headmaster[/user] wrote:

PS  Just a thought, but perhaps after this first month, it ought to be photos chosen from those posted in the particular month in question - otherwise there might be as many choices as there are choosers!  And perhaps easier to choose one as there are so many great pictures in the various threads.

That idea has some merit Michael but there are so many excellent photos from the past that haven't yet had an airing, I didn't see any point in having a time scale.

Additionally, there are the "regulars" who post frequently and others - the majority - who hardly post at all.  If we're not careful, we could end up with all the photos being selected from just a handful of members.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
  I've just spent an enjoyable 30 minutes reviewing members photos posted during August and made my shortlist in readiness for posting a contribution to this post, ''Picture of the month".

When I came to post, I read your latest comments Peter and I can see the dilema, as there are so many quality images across the forum, past and present, which makes an objective choice more difficult.

On reflection though, I tend to agree with Michael's post script, as to help maintain our longevity, the forum needs to support current output.

Here is my favourite from August, for the Spetember POTM:

I also give thanks to everyone here for sharing their work, which provides so much help and inspiration for modellers everywhere.

Bill

Note to Peter, edited for change of nominated photo, 28/08/20

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Yup, the above, post 10

D

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Post 10 gets my vote as well.

Posted
Rating:
Ooo I’ve just seen this, it’s a cool idea!  Post 10 for me too! 
Is/was there a deadline!?

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
[user=1512]Headmaster[/user] wrote:

That idea has some merit Michael but there are so many excellent photos from the past that haven't yet had an airing, I didn't see any point in having a time scale.

Additionally, there are the "regulars" who post frequently and others - the majority - who hardly post at all.  If we're not careful, we could end up with all the photos being selected from just a handful of members.
  Sorry Peter, I completely missed your reply.  On reflection, I think you are right.  If members choose to vote for recent photos, then that is fine, but as you so correctly point out, there are many fine examples of modelling here that also deserve recognition. An example, perhaps, of leaving it up to the individual and see how we go.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
And the worthy winner this month is:

From Michael's (Headmaster) Faversham Creek layout.

This will be our header photo for September. 
Congratulations Michael !!   :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
And the worthy winner this month is:

From Michael's (Headmaster) Faversham Creek layout.

This will be our header photo for September. 
Congratulations Michael !!   :cheers
I change my mind! Michael didn't even get a train in it… Not even track, it should be disqualified! haha

Well done Michael, a worthy first winner on the vote!

Posted
Rating:
Thank you Peter and well done Michael for your well deserved POTM.

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Congratulations Michael…….superb modelling…..well deserved
Best wishes

John

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Well done Michael…..superb modelling.:thumbs
Cheers

John

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Thank you all, so much.  What an honour!  I'm chuffed.
I would like to thank my family for all their support, the people who voted, the wonderful director and my fellow actors….. no wait, wrong thank you speech….

But seriously thank you all and I look forward to seeing who gets photo of the month number 2.  Hopefully a few more will join the vote.

Michael
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.