Dapol /. Airfix kits with metal spoked metal wheels?

Posted
Rating:

Wheels that are Spoked, three holes, or whatever?

Hi Bill.   Thank you. But, after my last stay in hospital, where they lost my top set, and the lockdown, trouble with getting an appointment, I cannot smile. And I will heed your advice. Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.  Another good tip, it works better with a drill stand, is to mark the drill with chalk. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Thank you for your reply. That would really be an excellent idea if I were to bring my “ stuff “ downstairs, because at the time of writing, I don’t know who may arrive at the front door , blood test, prescription, or whatever which means that I would be up and down stairs, the weekend is the best time for that.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.  Thank you for your reply. I don’t know how long I have to go, but, every day I, or so it seems, I am hearing that another member of my extended family? dieing , Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
  Hi Kevin,

We are all dying and have been since the day we were born, so don’t worry too much with that one, as it’s everyone’s normal and you are not even particularly old.

Now how about making your coal yard using the simple technique I mentioned on your inglenook thread. It’s cheap as chips, as you just need to paint your ply dark grey where the coal yard will be and give it a good thin coating of coal dust scatter, available from your favourite mail order model shop, or get a lump of coal, pop it in an old sock and crush it with a hammer and put the result through a sieve to collect the dust. Smaller pieces can also be graded by size and used to create mounds of coal in the yard to represent the merchant's stock.

This should keep you entertained for a while and provide some interest on your otherwise bare baseboard. Jut add a small merchant's hut and perhaps a coal truck to finish the scene.

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Hello Kevin.  You might make some portable coal heaps like these:
Just a card base with crumpled newpaper on top, covered with kitchen roll and soaked in a 50/50 pva and water mix.  When dry, paint with pva and sprinkle on coal.
Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.  Thank you again for your reply. I recently found out that my medical records had “Do Not Resuscitate “ on them. And that got me worried, why me , who’s bright idea was that? Etc. I am thinking of Cobblestones, I appreciate your help, but I will try this in conjunction with coal dust ( spring cleaning is bad enough) . Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.  Thank you for your reply. You have got good ideas coming out of your ears. I will try that, I still have a lump of coal that was donated to me by Woody. I have been loading my trucks with real coal, if only I didn’t make such a mess breaking up the stuff.  Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hello Kevin.  Try putting it in a plastic bag.  Maybe wrap a towel around the bag and then whack it a few times with a hammer.
Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.  Thank you again. That may indeed work, but, when I tried to break up that very same lump of coal to fill the wagons, I didn’t get very far, and I haven’t got that many towels.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
You must have carrier bags around Kevin ? Put the lump of coal in a plastic carrier bag and wrap it round and round
You must have an old pair of socks Kevin ? Put the lump of coal wrapped in the bag in the bottom of an old sock

You must have someone bugging you Kevin ? Wap them round thier heed with your lump of coal !! ( Ok maybe not) 

But never the negatives Kevin. Think of the positives!!

P.S. what does this have to do with Airfix kits ? Whatever you do dont put your kit in a bag and in a sock and Wap 

ANYBODY with it, The kit will suffer.   :mutley

Cheers 

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   Yeah Yeah, very good, but , as it happens , I wear old socks. And carrier bags I will have to consider them once I can get out to do my own shopping.  There is nay connection with Airfix kits and lumps of coal or DAS clay, but as I have said before , this is all new to me, as I have never built a model Railway with scenery ( green bits). Just plain timber and hardboard. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote:
You must have carrier bags around Kevin ? Put the lump of coal in a plastic carrier bag and wrap it round and round
You must have an old pair of socks Kevin ? Put the lump of coal wrapped in the bag in the bottom of an old sock

You must have someone bugging you Kevin ? Wap them round thier heed with your lump of coal !! ( Ok maybe not) 

But never the negatives Kevin. Think of the positives!!

P.S. what does this have to do with Airfix kits ? Whatever you do dont put your kit in a bag and in a sock and Wap 

ANYBODY with it, The kit will suffer.   :mutley

Cheers 

Matt

:mutley :mutley :mutley

Prize for the wittiest post on YMRC

Last edit: by Headmaster

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.    Thanx a lot. I began on the coal when I was fit and well, at that time I filled up eight wagons. Now I am learning to do many jobs sitting down, that is okay for cooking, but, not for breaking up a lump of coal. I have got to do a lot of physiotherapy until I can work free standing?   Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
If coal dust, crushed coal is holding you back Kevin, I have a coal bunker with PLENTY in, im happy to send you a pack of ready crushed. AND Ash if you require,  I would rather do that so you can get on, and it saves you Wapping the home help Wi yur Sock :thumbs. Just PM me 
Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.  I hope that you are well. I have just had a visit/ shopping delivery, from the son of my cousin, whilst he was here I asked him about “ how do I take a video with sound on my iPhone “. It is so simple? All I have to do now is ground cover, and a bit of ballast followed by track cleaning and shunt away. Best wishes Kevin.             PS And then I can get on with my plastic kits and anything else.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.