Building interiors

Posted
Rating:
This all seemed such a good idea, I went searching and came up with this link which may be useful.

https://www.1900s.org.uk/shops.htm

promising from a quick look-see.

Last edit: by Colin W

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Interesting thread and some useful links. Thanks to all.

From time to time I go looking for interiors and get frustrated when I can seldom find the ideal one. So it seems I must learn some patience and a few photoshop techniques.

When doing interiors, do you include side walls or are back wall enough to get the right look

Cheers
Evan

Posted
Rating:
Hi Evan
As a general rule, I curve the photo so it is side walls and rear wall.  This tends to look more realistic than making right angles which invariably do not match up to the photo.

Michael

Posted
Rating:
OK Guys - many thanks for your suggestions but please, how do I reduce the size of the pictures ?

I'm trying to print a small version but don't seem able to do so ……………it always comecs out at the same size !

Is there a secret or am I just being stupid ?  I have Faststone, Paint and Office available as photo editors …

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
A big  :thumbsfor Paint, as I use it to resize all my photos before posting (usually 600 pixels horizontaly). It is quick and simple, just do not forget to save the resized copy with the additional "600px" at the end of the file name. I only say this, as I sometimes forget and that's why I say it's quick and simple!

Bill
 :cheers

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Guys.

With hindsight, I ought maybe to have asked how I print the small images …………………. :roll: :roll:

Maybe my problem isn't resizing on the computer - I can do that but it's when I come to print them that they come out full size - or at least, the size I select from the drop-down menu……… :???: :???:

In the printer settings (it's an Epson Envy 4500), I'm offered a whole range of print sizes but all are way too big for my needs.

Is there a method of saving the image as a small size and printing exactly what I see on my screen or is there another step I'm missing ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
you probably need a 'print actual size' option Peter and make sure the 'fit to page option is off

I use Irfanview  https://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm    

(free download and use) for my editing of photos and videos. it started out as a video player but has evolved over the years into a useful editor, re sizer etc

heres a shot of print preview and you can see the options for printing

Might be worth a try if you cant find what your looking for otherwise

cheers

matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Peter
I don't use a paint programme at all, I use a Word document and can then resize manually (or if I want a precise I can do that too).  The print quality is fine for my needs and I can then have several interiors on one piece of A4.

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Fast Stone allows the user via the Edit mode to crop & resize the pictures and in the print stage, one gets a preview so you can re-adjust as required.
No doubt Irfanview does the same.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Yes Ron in Irfanview the preview pane shows how it will look on the paper  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
I'll have a look at Irfanview or Fast Stone and see what's what.
For resizing and cropping I normally use Office picture manager - so simple it could have been designed with me in  mind ……… :roll:

When it came to the printing stage, I wasn't offered "print actual size" so maybe I'd either missed a step or the programme doesn't offer the function.  I just can't remember if I've seen that option when editing photos……

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.