Good Shop

Posted
Rating:
#17015 (In Topic #1382)
Sol
Guest user
I have found a good store for Internet Shopping from Cornwall. I had placed an order & mucked up some card info & in between e-mails giving them the info, the Owner - someone we all know, found my details because I still have some locos on pre-order so he organised it ASAP.

I have only has few orders from them but cannot complain about service or prices.

No doubt some of you visit the shop at times & find him & his staff very pleasant.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
How about a link Sol?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Bob

I think Ron is referring to Chris`s shop kernow model rail centre

theres is the only larger model shop in cornwall that does international orders.

And Ron the staff at the shop are all very nice i buy the majority of my model rail stuff there and it is a busness that is going from stength to strengh as time goes by.

I think even Chris was surprised how the shop has taken off because i think initially he thought internet sales would be the main selling point but the shop has gained a great deal of customers in itself.

cheers Brian.w
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
That's for sure Brian but I was thinking more of those who might not get the connection. Anyway I will put it in myself so for those who didn't know then the friendly model railway shop in Cornwall can be found at this link and is owned by our own Christrerise (Chris)  :

Kernow Model Rail Centre.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Yes, both Lord Bob & Mr H.Parrot are correct.

I do not know how Chris has time for modelling while having a young family & run a shop 7 days a week.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I think that there is probably another simular thread to this somewhere, but this one will do for what I have to say.

On Friday, I had the pleasure of talking on the phone to Chris T (not Christ) of Kernow model rail.
This was in response to an exchange of emails about Noch "static grass".
Chris spent close to 40 minutes answering my queery and whilst on the phone, went into the shop and got all his different types of static grass, describing them for me in detail, so that I could decide which I wanted.   …   Not the response you would expect from many unhelpful retailers on the phone, I assure you :!:

As a result, I ordered two bags of ground cover at just after 3pm (Friday).
These were in my hand by 9.30am on Saturday, I guess the postman is still laughing at the stupid look on my face.

Brilliant service, amazing delivery and a big THANK YOU to Chris and his staff.
Perhaps he should be signing his name ChrisT after all :!:  :!:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Yes, I even rang him one Monday morning from "down under"  &  had a interesting few minutes.
He does provide good service.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
In the field of online service it seems that KMC is up there with the leaders.  I must break free from my dependence on Walthers and talk to Chris T.  Only disadvantage is the dollar/pound exchange at the moment, but Walthers cannot supply Bachmann UK locomotives.  I'm after an RDC …..  :wink:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Aw, thanks guys!

We are not always perfect but we do try and do our best!

My signature comes from Thameslink where the IT department created it when they initially gave us all email addresses.  They went for firstname and initial letter of surname and it did take a while for anybody to realise that it meant I was christ@thameslink.co.uk!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Aw, thanks guys!

My signature comes from Thameslink where the IT department created it when they initially gave us all email addresses.  They went for firstname and initial letter of surname and it did take a while for anybody to realise that it meant I was christ@thameslink.co.uk!

PS Jeff, did not realise we were talking for 40 minutes - seemed like much longer :twisted:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Can I add my bit here as well ……  

Chris took some time out to PM me on a number of occasions to discuss the pros and cons of DCC and to give advice on what would be the best system for me even although there was no guarantee from me that I would be placing an order.

I am glad to say that I did place the appropriate order through his website and suffice to say it arrived within 48 hours. The most pleasing thing was that although one item is on back order, Steve, the guy who looks after this side of the business, was very apologetic about the fact and, if I have read the receipt correctly, has not charged me for the missing item although I had processed the full payment

Service is absolutely top drawer and I fully recommend KRMC to all on the forum.

Keep up the good work Chris and Team

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Chris, there are a number of us from 'Downunder' who are predominantly ordering from the UK. Sol (a familiar name on this forum) is an expert at placing orders for his friends. Actually I reckon there are a few Aussie modellers who are keeping the UK postal service afloat. There are quite a number of us who are impressed with the service and delivery timeframe from our freindly UK Railway Modelling suppliers. THANKS

Keep up the great work Chris.

Craig
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Christrerise said

Aw, thanks guys!

PS Jeff, did not realise we were talking for 40 minutes - seemed like much longer :twisted:

:shock:  :shock:  Cheers Chris, with friends like that, who needs computer experts to insult us :?:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I placed an order with Chris on friday and what a nice chap he is and very patient I wanted a decoder for the Bachman class 37 raifrieght that I have but wasnt sure if it was 8 pin or 21 pin so he asked for the serial number which meant I had to go upstairs into the loft only to find it wasnt there so back down and found it in the bedroom so thanks for being patient Chris  :)

Brian(G)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks again guys!

Craig, getting everything sent together is a great idea as once a parcel reaches a certain size the price pretty much levels out.

Jeff, I was worried that you might miss the insults and I know how much you were enjoying them :roll:  On the railway if other staff were insulting you then you knew you were with mates.  If they started being nice to you that was the time to start worrying :twisted:

Brian, when you went to the loft I was dead worried that the next sound I would hear was cracking ceilings and falling diesels as you tried to talk to me and climb up there while holding the phone :lol:  It all left us today along with the poorly Class 117 which may be in a worse state than I remembered…
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Christrerise said

Thanks again guys!
Jeff, I was worried that you might miss the insults and I know how much you were enjoying them :roll:  On the railway if other staff were insulting you then you knew you were with mates.  If they started being nice to you that was the time to start worrying :twisted:

As I said, with friends like   …..

Funny though isn't it, 99.9% of the people who have registered on here could insult me as much as they like (Look at Phill) and I would take it all in good part and have a laugh about it.
Then comes someone who posts in a sneering, know-it-all way   …   enough said :!:  :!:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Chris recieved the order yesterday well pleased the 117 doesnt look too bad but a change of colour would benifit it  :) what was the shade of green that they used ? look forward to placing more orders . no worries about my loft it,s sound as a pound  :)

Brian(G)

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
I'm joining in this not just to claim the "best service from KMRC" prize because of the proprietors round trip of 300 miles to make a personal delivery to me in Exeter, but to advise anyone to take Chris's advice when he offers it.

When I met him he told me of his limited edition type 33 loco's and how well they had been received. I thought then that I should give more consideration to what he had said but wasn't convinced that they would fit into my period and era. To cut a long story short, last week I saw a type 33 in a photograph in exactly the right place and time so I decided to order one. Sadly, when I went to his website to order, Chris had sold out.  :cry:

This absolutely serves me right and I'm the loser. I just think it's worth saying that I believe Chris gives advice to us on this forum, not necessarily to sell more but because he regards us as mates. You can't put a price on that.  :wink:

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Les said

I just think it's worth saying that I believe Chris gives advice to us on this forum, not necessarily to sell more but because he regards us as mates. You can't put a price on that.  :wink:

Les

Les, you are correct in that when Henry Parrot talked me into joining this it was not to promote the shop but because I wanted to be among like minded modellers.  You may remember that I never mentioned anything about the shop as I did not want to seem like I was just trying to push more sales - I get enough of that at work and this is playtime for me!  However I got rumbled (I think by GeorgeJacksonGenius if I remember correctly) and it is because it feels like we are among mates that I can mention things on here.  The Trains in Trouble for instance would never appear anywhere else, only here because we trust each other.

Les, flattery will get you everywhere as you know and I think I can still sort out a Class 33 for you.  I am waiting for Hornby Magazine to return their sample and as long as they do not lose it and they have not damaged it I will keep it for you and let you know when it turns up, but I am not be able to deliver it in person this time :roll:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Chris, its not flattery - it's the truth as many of us know very well :D

If you could get a 33 it would be great so please let me know if you do. :D

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.