Discharge from Hospital

Posted
Rating:

Thumb and forefinger weakness

Well done Matt - once again, his saviour.  Poor Kevin is having a tough time of it but, compared with what others are going through, his luck is holding out so far.

Well done Ed for bringing his absence to the fore.

You stay safe Kevin - rest up well and if and when you feel like popping on here, we'd love to hear from you.

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Glad to hear you are ok, Kevin it is great to have people who care about you. All the best.

Last edit: by RobynT

Posted
Rating:
Hi MATT.  
The Doc tried to put me at “Comfort “ after my pacemaker implant , and the wires that may break? If I am not too careful? But he put the. Frighteners up me?  Has anyone had experience of Heart. Valve & “ TAVI “ and then on top of that a. “ pacemaker “ .Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Nice to hear from you Kevin. Hope the pacemaker helps and we see you on here a little more!
Stay safe, Chris 

Posted
Rating:
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
………………………………………………………………………………………….Has anyone had experience of Heart. Valve & “ TAVI “ and then on top of that a. “ pacemaker “ .Best wishes Kevin 
The Bionic Man …………………….?    :lol:

Take it easy Kevin - don't break those wires !!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Glad things are looking up for you Kevin. I know a bloke who's had a pacemaker for years and not only has he never had any broken wires, he was never warned like you were. Get well soon.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Kevin,

Hello dear friend, you had us worried again, but no problems as you've been receiving care from the best people.

So sorry to hear that your health issues have lingered. It can so easily get you down.

Chin up though, as you can check in here from time to time for a chat and a nose at what people have been up to.

Best wishes,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Kevin there are millions of pacemakers fitted and people have no problems whatsoever with them.

Doctors have to tell you these days about possible problems that could possibly occur although they can be rare otherwise with the claims culture these days further down the line the NHS can end up with a claim the pateint was not warned about possible problems. I dont think you are a mountain climber or a marathon runner so the chances of you breaking wires is quite remote especially as building a model railway is hardly regarded as highly energetic exercise.

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Brian is perfectly right Kevin.  Having recently had an operation myself, if I had thought too much about all of the things they told could go wrong I would have run a mile.  Instead, they have probably saved my life.
My mother had a pacemaker because she had an arrhythmic heartbeat - it didn't go bump bump, it went bumpety bumpety bumpety………..bumpety bumpety bump - and to make matters worse, it had to be fitted to the "wrong" side of her chest.  She was honestly warned not to participate in violent contact sports - karate, kickboxing etc.  As she was 70 at the time, she thought it an unnecessary warning.  No one mentioned broken wires - I suspect a rogue event has happened and now they have to give a warning.  But what it did achieve was a new lease of life for her, once she had fully recovered - so we will all looking forward to you getting back on your feet and up your stairs.

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Hi All.    Following a well known plan could have been easier, never mind making it upas you. go along.It gives one something to aim for, and if it has been done before all the better a fine example of a B L T is
Westerham. and being a Southern layout it has a lot going it, too much for me to compete with, And it looks much too late I don’t know if I will get up the stairs too the Railway Room again without a good shove.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Kevin
It seems by your last post you feel with your health conditions you feel using the stairs seems to be your biggest drawback.
If this is the case and you feel it will be ongoing do you not qualify to having a stairlift fitted many people have them.
That would be well worth looking into as it will help you with many things as well as the model railway.
You can of course have one privately fitted but i am unsure of the cost but many have them fitted free of charge through NHS support groups a few phone calls to whoever you deal with at your hospital will im sure will point you in the right direction who to contact to see if you qualify for one.

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Hi Brian     Thank you for your reply. As it so happens I do have a proper lift, This lift, when working goes upstairs but through a hole in the floor/ceiling. Trembling hands is my problem, I cannot hold a screwdriver or similar steady, as for hitting the correct key first time? Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sounds very frustrating. It’s nice to have you back on the forum again. It gets far quieter when you aren’t around!

Posted
Rating:
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Brian     Thank you for your reply. As it so happens I do have a proper lift, This lift, when working goes upstairs but through a hole in the floor/ceiling. Trembling hands is my problem, I cannot hold a screwdriver or similar steady, as for hitting the correct key first time? Best wishes Kevin
I can understand he frustration of shaky hands. I have good and bad days with this. Not so bad until I get the screwdriver or soldering iron etc close to where it needs to go and then the shakes start. very frustrating. I hope yours improves soon.

Cheers Pete.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.