Discharge from Hospital

Posted
Rating:

Thumb and forefinger weakness

Hi Robyn.  Thank you for your reply. I am really a clumsy “ old buffer “ . After being discharged from hospital, I was on my home run, just outside of the front door, then I fell backwards :sad: just standing by the car door. Luckily I have a shower chair, otherwise that would be too risky. Please excuse me I am a bit out practice at replying to posts on YMRC and repetitive in my subject? Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
You and my friend Bill make a good pair, he has had two falls since he has been home. Bill had his 83rd birthday in early December so I guess age does knock you around. Take care Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.    All the time in Hospital, I was being weighed daily. They kept telling me in kilograms though, I didn’t have the faintest idea of how much it was? Seventy one Kilos at the latest count, now that I am home, I looked it up. That means that I have lost “ three stone “. Blow me, no wonder that my clothes are falling off me.Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Yep, I also get confused with kgs. I must be getting older.

Just worked out 71 kg in English money. Crikey, I haven't been 11 stone since I was a teenager.

Ah, you must be getting younger Kevin, well done!

Seriously though, it will take time, lots of help and also oodles of patience in order to get back to being able to to everything you wish. Take it easy, one day at a time right now and then in a few weeks, you'll realise what good progress has been made.

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill ( and interested parties)  after years of living by myself? It can be a right PITA having a carer,( after all I only need help climbing the stairs)none of them understand a word or ignore what I need. Apart from that I am OK. But it will be much better when I am free to get upstairs without assistance to carry on with my Railway Empire . Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hopefully it won't be too much longer before you're independent again.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Pete's right Kevin - but don't rush things.

Accept what help is available for as long as you need it and you'll be up and about again before you know it.  You just have to learn to cope with the inconveniences otherwise you'll be back where you were before Christmas.

The railway can wait a little longer - it's not going anywhere !!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac.   Thank you for your reply. That is good advice, but “ people you know “ are a much better prospect for me and my recovery. Persons that seem to appear give me the creeps, my original carer is on holiday somewhere in Africa, but at least he would ring the doorbell before opening the door. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
They are trying to catch you playing with your 0 4 0 Kevin  :mutley
Get a pen and paper ready and the next one that just walks in, ask them to print a notice for you and pin it up on the wall inside the front door  

PLEASE RING DOORBELL BEFORE ENTERING 

or you will be clearing up the crap you scared out of me

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote:
They are trying to catch you playing with your 0 4 0 Kevin  :mutley
Get a pen and paper ready and the next one that just walks in, ask them to print a notice for you and pin it up on the wall inside the front door  

PLEASE RING DOORBELL BEFORE ENTERING 

or you will be clearing up the crap you scared out of me

Cheers

Matt
……. or at least shout out hello, as they come in.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Hmm, I wonder if carers with modelling skills can be provided to further assist?

If so, then one could select the precise modelling skills most desired for happy!

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Yep, it's taking liberties to come in without knocking or ringing, or at least calling out to ask if it's all right to come in. I know that political correctness has too far nowadays, but there are still basic manners that we can all use.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.   Thank you for your reply.    My carers have trouble “ stringing two words together “. I couldn’t think of letting them see my work on the Railway, let alone getting their hands on it.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
I understand how you must feel Kevin.  My father is 90, and his health means he is now in a care home (which he loves!) but previously he had carers at his house.  To us, they were a great help, but to him, they were strangers in his home.  He did grow to like some of them though, the problem was that it was a different one every day.  Without them, he would never have coped with his recovery from hospital…. so follow the wise words given by others and you will soon be thriving again.  And more importantly, back building your railway empire!
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Anybody heard from Kevin, he doesn't appear to have been logging on recently.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Managed to finaly get hold of Kevin this morning Ed, He had a pacemaker fitted on the 16th.He's very tired at the moment  He's got support in place, family shopping for him and carers in, Sleeping a lot and staying indoors. He Was having trouble getting on here but hopefully that is sorted and he said he will try again after a cuppa. . Or go back to sleep  :)
Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Well done Matt  :thumbs

All the best to Kevin, hope he's is back with us soon.

Posted
Rating:
That's good news…. hopefully Kevin will have a swift recovery.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.  Another spell in Hospital, I have now got my own pacemaker. I have been trying all week but I couldn’t get my iPad working , and then Matt came to the rescue with a life saving phonecall. But I am so tired I’m.  I cannot think straight.  That’s all for  now. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Just keep safe Kevin, we're all thinking of you  :thumbs

Ed
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.