Matt, anymore news re Kevin?

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Sol, he's still in I'm afraid,  I've managed to text him a few times but every time I ring his mobile or the ward phone I get the engaged tone. Last but one communication said "in for surgery, do or die"  but then he said " no that was just so they could explore what they MIGHT be able to do"   :roll:
I'll try again later today and try for an update. I've passed on the good wishes of the forum

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Well, finally got hold of Kevin this morning, he's still with us, His phone hasn't always been charged which is why I couldn't get hold of him. He's still in hospital having test after test after test so he's well fed up but says they are talking about maybe sending him home today or tomorrow for Christmas.  So HOPEFULLY  he may pop in here for a visit !
Cheers

Matt 

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
That is good news Matt - I was wondering what was happening but pleased he seems to be recovering.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Thanks Matt for the news.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Great news. Barry

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt

Any news from Kevin?  I am sure that he is getting somewhat stir crazy if he is still stuck in the "Ozzy" (Liverpudlian phrase apparently!)

If you get a chance to talk to him, wish him our continued best.

Barry

Posted
Rating:
Good News.  I had a PM from Kevin this morning in response to a message I sent him.  Here is his reply.  I guess getting home is progress and I hope that he has the chance to get to his plank to raise morale!!

Not Home for Christmas. Hi Barry and any interested parties I too was  hoping to be home for Christmas, and the Doctors, surgeons, everyone of  them and their team shared the same opinion. But I was discharged 2 nd   January, and I nearly went straight back getting out of the car I took a  tumble, fortunately I landed on my back. Again the stairs are going to  play a major role in me progressing my “Railway Empire Programme “ oh  clumsy me.Best wishes Kevin

Barry

Posted
Rating:
That's at least half good news Barry.

He's home but still has some way to go.  Hopefully, being home will be a step in the right direction.

Thanks for letting us know - give him our best regards when you're next in contact.  :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Pleased to hear Kevin is home now and hopefully on the road to recovery.

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin,

Welcome back and it's good to know you're out of danger and can now relax in familialr surroundings.

A happy and much healthier New Year to you. Continue getting better and hopefully you'll be back to running some trains before long.

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Kevin, glad your ok.

Even if you can't get to your railway empire, you can always have a chat on here.

We're all rooting for ya and we're always around.

Best wishes.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Out of danger! Peckham!… nah, he's better off in hospital. Seriously though, it's good to hear he's home. If you're reading this, the only way is up. Good luck, and hopefully that applies to the new year ahead.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Just spoke to Kevin, hes at home and has help coming in daily. I've told him when hes up to it to pop in here and say hello and to TAKE IT EASY   :thumbs 
Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin - hopefully you can see how much you have been missed and how concerned we have all been.  The road to full recovery may have its ups and downs, but follow the advice and guidance and you will soon be back on  your layout. 
Warm regards

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Kevin,glad to hear you're out of hospital.Now is the time to take it easy and recover.A very happy new year to you or at least a better one than last year.We're all thinking of you and looking forward to you posting again.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Alan. Thank you for your reply. At the time of writing? I am pleased to be home, but the first thing I did was to land on my back whilst getting out of the van (Chelsea Tractor ). Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hope you haven't done any more damage to yourself. Get well soon.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin, I have just read through this thread and it is sad to see what you have been going through and you have my best wishes for your recovery. I am currently caring for a dear friend who recently went into hospital for a hip replacement and was due to be out within 4 days…there were complications during the surgery and 2 months later I was finally able to get him out by confirming that I would look after him. While Bill was in rehab I met some people who have been through some absolutely terrible accidents and it was an inspiration talking to them and seeing how they are maintaining a positive attitude. The problems Bill has gone through are very frustrating for him as well as he is an award winner for his amazing model making and now he finds it hard to get things done but recovery is paramount and it is important to concentrate on that first and take small steps to get back to modelling. I have arranged for us to have visits from some of his railway friends to keep the interest alive and this helps tremendously. Lots of magazines and books on his favourite subject and keeping in touch with friends and others with similar interest helps to keep things positive. Judging by the response within this forum you have friends all over the world who are supportive and understanding and that is a wonderful thing.All the very best,
Robyn
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.