Legacy Member

Thumb and forefinger weakness

Will it be Stewed or jellied Eels Friday Kevin :shock:

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Brian . Thank you for your reply. Although I do eat both recipes for eels, I will be eating Pie end Mash today as it is a treat from my Cousin. If I was mobile, without walking sticks , we would go to the shop Manze. Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Kevin, re the hand, must agree with the above, raise it with your Doctor and ASK for a visit. No your not wasting peoples time, its what they are there for. 
As for Asking family for help ? Shoe on other foot, I'm sure most, like me when visiting a poorly relative always feel a bit unsure of what to do to help so why not write out a small shopping list and when they visit, quietly mention you could do with a bit of shopping as the carer struggles with it. I'm sure some of them will jump at the chance of doing something they know will help you ! 

Chin up 

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Thank you for your reply. Regarding the hand 🤚/s it affects both, the physiotherapist has given me some exercises and phoned the Doc, the Doc phoned me and we had a chat, prescribed me a stronger pain killer.I have regularly visits from my family., and see family that I usually only see at weddings and funerals. I will, touch wood , make a good recovery,but, it is taking longer than I had hoped. I am doing exercises and I have a pair of gloves/ splints to help with my fingers, which are the little fingers and the ones next to, I do have a grip but the other fingers get in the way of holding a tea cup or a knife and fork .   Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.   My thread wasn’t looking for help, at the time of writing I was “ grumpy “, and really fed up with myself. I had been in hospital for what I saw as an inconvenience, not realising how near to death I was and no one knew what was wrong or said that they didn’t know. All I knew that I was being pumped full of antibiotics on a daily basis, and having blood tests at the same rate, plus test after test. It was not until I was at home and read the  â€œ Discharge Letter “ . That I discovered how near to death I was “ Sepsis “ was the reason, or one of the reasons. And today I caught the end of a Radio 4 programme, where a man became a widower when out of the blue his wife was admitted to hospital and died whilst he was phoning the family.    Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Bill.   My thread wasn’t looking for help, at the time of writing I was “ grumpy “, and really fed up with myself. I had been in hospital for what I saw as an inconvenience, not realising how near to death I was and no one knew what was wrong or said that they didn’t know. All I knew that I was being pumped full of antibiotics on a daily basis, and having blood tests at the same rate, plus test after test. It was not until I was at home and read the  â€œ Discharge Letter “ . That I discovered how near to death I was “ Sepsis “ was the reason, or one of the reasons. And today I caught the end of a Radio 4 programme, where a man became a widower when out of the blue his wife was admitted to hospital and died whilst he was phoning the family.    Best wishes Kevin 

Not looking for help Kevin? You certainly fooled us then with your direct question in the first post of, 'Any helpful suggestions please?', hence my immediate and straight-talking advice to you.

No hospital will discharge a patient without explaining to them their diagnosis and future care needs and they would never leave a lay person to try and understand a possibly complicated discharge letter, which is primarily for use in giving technical clinical details to other health-care professionals.

I must also mention my considerable surprise with your Post 14 comment of, '. . . drowning in a sea of hatred and distrust. From all sides'. Yes the NHS certainly faces considerable challenges. More so than ever, yet it continues to function much better than many others on our planet, where the service, if one exists, is not free and therefore unavailable to all.

Also consider that without the majority of hard working immigrant NHS personnel, which so many Brexiteers would like to see gone from the UK, the NHS would cease to function, so please don't be so easy to condemn those who only seek to help.

I trust with continued exercises and support from the system, that you continue to make progress.
take good care of yourself and voice any concerns or questions with your GP and visiting care staff.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.    Thank you for your reply. I don’t remember, although I must have, writing that quote, but it really shows how down in the dumps I was at the time. But believe it or not, no one bothered to tell me about anything that was in my â€œ Discharge Letter “ and it was only the word “ Sepsis “ that rang a bell with me. I think in the end the Doctors were glad to get rid of me. After all my nagging, whereas if they had told how serious it was I would have been happy.
Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
[user=1814]Longchap[/user] wrote:
Also consider that without the majority of hard working immigrant NHS personnel, which so many Brexiteers would like to see gone from the UK,

More Remainer claptrap!  Where is your evidence that many Brexiteers want to get rid of immigrant NHS workers Bill? 
May I suggest that we all refrain from making ill-founded comments about Brexit.  It will only end in tears.
Terry

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
Incomplete draft post deleted.

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
[user=711]col.stephens[/user] wrote:
Also consider that without the majority of hard working immigrant NHS personnel, which so many Brexiteers would like to see gone from the UK,

More Remainer claptrap!  Where is your evidence that many Brexiteers want to get rid of immigrant NHS workers Bill? 
May I suggest that we all refrain from making ill-founded comments about Brexit.  It will only end in tears.
Terry
My apologies Terry for suggesting a potentially sensitive link between the massive response from the public seen all over the media immediately following the referendum, (which was driven by the leave campaign's self-declared focus on immigration), with the fact that the NHS cannot survive without professional immigrant help. The NHS depends on a continuance of overseas support and without it, it will struggle to maintain what it currently provides.

My partner, a recently retired NHS Trust executive board director, with a lifetime's experience, most at national level, now works part time giving back the years of experience and learning by teaching, mentoring and coaching professional NHS staff from all backgrounds and ethnic origins, so my insight for just this small aspect of my post, is perhaps rather more well informed that you seem prepared to give me credit for.

Enough said.

Bill

Posted
Rating:
Hi Nigel.  Thank you for your reply. But all the talk of the B word came from my hospitalisation thread. In the 2,000’s my epilepsy medication was changed because of muscular neuropathy, being a possible side effect.
But on today’s thread being sidetracked as it is. It has been written that one possible cause for my dexterity problem is likely to be caused by something like “ Sepsis “ . Where that leaves my walking problems I don’t know.
Allegedly a second bannister will be fitted on Friday and once I get used to that I will be, hopefully, in a better position with ascending the stairs. Tomorrow, Tuesday, I have been promised another chance to walk, further, from my front door. One thing that I do remember I was keen to reach the age of Majority,  but just as I reached it the buffers reduced it. I will just say one short sentence on the subject, I was on the side of “ General De Gaulle  â€œ with an unequivocal NON. Best wishes Kevin 

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Posted
Rating:
[user=711]col.stephens[/user] wrote:

Terry
My apologies Terry for suggesting a potentially sensitive link between the massive response from the public seen all over the media immediately following the referendum, (which was driven by the leave campaign's self-declared focus on immigration), with the fact that the NHS cannot survive without professional immigrant help. The NHS depends on a continuance of overseas support and without it, it will struggle to maintain what it currently provides.

My partner, a recently retired NHS Trust executive board director, with a lifetime's experience, most at national level, now works part time giving back the years of experience and learning by teaching, mentoring and coaching professional NHS staff from all backgrounds and ethnic origins, so my insight for just this small aspect of my post, is perhaps rather more well informed that you seem prepared to give me credit for.

Enough said.

Bill

Bill, I voted leave and have no desire to send NHS workers back to their countries of origin.  In fact, I don't know anyone who voted leave who wants to deport NHS workers. Your statement regarding the NHS not surviving without professional immigrant help is true, but I haven't asserted anything to the contrary.  I also work in the NHS.  Why would I want to deport my colleagues?
Enough said.
Terry

PS Might I suggest that we PM each other if this conversation is to continue.

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
Hi Alan and all interested parties. After my initial my scramble to get out of Hospital, I am now realising how ill I was.I am eating well and plenty of veg and fruit. My family are still stepping up to the plate as far as shopping is concerned. But my body is still catching up with my will to work. And my hands are worse of all . Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Slowly slowly catchee monkey.take your time Kevin,no rush.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Alan.  Thank you for your reply. Take it easy, yes but I don’t have an option .  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Heyup all, Firstly an apology from myself for being AWOL the last few months, Mother dear's illness has meant my spending far to long on the road YoYoing between  Scotland and  the West country and juggling work in between.
   Coupled with an 'upgrade' by B!@@#Â¥ Terrible that lead to the disconnection and loss of the business phone number, somewhere in the cloud have meant zero time for anything else. I now am re connected thank goodness !

I have had a couple of messages from Kevin (who I see hasn't been around for a while) One on the 29th Oct to say he was back in Kings and another that got through this evening to say  the Surgeon doesn't think he is fit enough for an Op. I'll try and get through to him tomorrow and get  an update 

Regards 

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Matt, I PM'd Kevin a few days ago, since he had not posted for a couple of weeks and was hoping things were not too bad. Please give him our best wishes and tell him he is missed.

Bon courage with your own concerns. Few of us are immune these days and we have to cope as best we can, but emphathy and comradship goes a fair distance.

Keep taking the pills, red wine and smile,

Best.

Bill  :)

Last edit: by Longchap

Posted
Rating:
Matt

I am sure that you will send the best wishes of us all on here when you speak to Kevin.

Barry

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
I've been largely absent myself over the last couple of weeks Matt whilst I was in UK so have missed lots of developments, Kevin's situation being one.

Please pass on our very best wishes for a speedy return to his plank ………………….

I also feel for you having to dash from one end of the country to the other - compared with that, BT pales into insignificance I'd have thought, although naturally, as you'll be totally cream crackered, I'd guess an out of place pebble could set you off !!!

You take care of yourself too.  :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Thanks guys, Sorry Barry I meant to say I would pass on the good wishes of the Forum, No Peter, I'm just to cream crackered to react to BT atmo but I'll gurd me loins an let em have it next week !
Bill,   Red Wine ? Its mainly been Red Bull !  Forgotten the taste of a loverly Red Wine this last few months lol.
I'm hopeful things are settling down to adull roar but not holding my breath  :roll:

Cheers

Matt

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.