Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Good old 1980's British Rail just the way I remember it! :wink:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Model  New Zealand Rail  NZR  1930s to 1960s in ho scale.

Steam and early diesel

aldude
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
:thumbsfor GWR Steam which will be on Level 3 on the new layout BUT the baseboard and viaduct will be a mixture of diesels mainly for the grand children ….. well that's my excuse! We do things dreckly in West Cornwall so I'm a bit slow on the poll uptake, ah well :pedalGWR steam is more relaxing, must be the Cornish Riviera, even in the RAIN! :shock:

Cheers Guys,

John

Life is just a bowl of cherries!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=225]Myansome[/user] wrote:
 We do things dreckly in West Cornwall so I'm a bit slow on the poll uptake, ah well
Cheers Guys,
John
So slow in fact that I can't even find the poll statistics any more :exclam Cornishmen, don't you just love 'em :question :cool wink
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Just what are you trying to suggest Mr Gwent? 

All of these slurs are being logged and you will be required to give an explanation at passport control when you enter Cornwall next month
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
:chickenDo we anticipate a missionary visit from our Celtic Cousins in Wales? :thud

Passport Control has been put on high elert! :pedal

'Wos do w'dn my 'ansome. Matter do a! :mutley

Posted
Rating:
Maybe we ought to be a bit "dreckly" when we think about going to Cornwall fellas !! :???::???::???::???::shock:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=200]Christrerise[/user] wrote:
Just what are you trying to suggest Mr Gwent? 
All of these slurs are being logged and you will be required to give an explanation at passport control when you enter Cornwall next month

With a grandfather born near Mevagissey, three generations of family members living in and around Penzance, plus the suave good looks and sophisticated outlook that living most of my life in Wales have given me, I ought to be welcomed at the border with a big brass band :exclam :Happy:Happy:cheers:cheers

Oh, and don't forget my credentials as a "master modeller", come to dispense "Welsh Modelling Civilisation" to the developing world. :roll::roll: :lol::lol::lol:

"Missionary Visit" indeed !!!  :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs :mutley:mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=3]Gwent Rail[/user] wrote:

Oh, and don't forget my credentials as a "master modeller", come to dispense "Welsh Modelling Civilisation" to the developing world. :roll::roll: :lol::lol::lol:

"Missionary Visit" indeed !!!  :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs :mutley:mutley

:roll::roll::roll: - can't find the bloody "laugh" emoticon but 5 of them here please !!!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
our Jeff is on form lately,stick it to em Jeff bloody fuzzies dont like it when you stick it to em.
:wow:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley:twisted::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=15]owen69[/user] wrote:
our Jeff is on form lately,stick it to em Jeff bloody fuzzies dont like it when you stick it to em.
:wow:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley:twisted::lol::lol::cool:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:  These West Country yokels !!!!  Don't you just luv em :exclam :mutley:mutley

"Bloody Fuzzies" indeed :exclam  :doublethumb, thank you Mr Clive Dunn :cheers
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Sorry Jeff, but the Brass Band is busy following me about.  I just cannot seem to shake them off!!

Mevagissey is highly dubious but Penzance is quite proper so I am sure we will be looking forward to embracing our celtic brother and relieving him of his modelling wizardry
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
:hmm Penzance ……… not quite in the same category as Newlyn Town ….. :thumbs….. but, sounds fair enough myansome! Suave and sophisticated …. :doublethumb, well that's us Celts, true enough, so we'll "we'll keep a welcome in the Valleys", well coast anyway and look forward to the dispensation :pathead. 'Ere my beauty, wot it is to be loved, particularly by the Welsh Cousins. :wow

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Irish railways both north and south, grew up with them would be the main reason plus i can t resist the sound of a GM, don t particulary like the DMU s though in both GB and IRL. I did have a fondness for BR green diesels thank you Mr Bachmann but this has ben cured i think it was those lovely people at VISA who cured this.

My second love is GWR for two reasons

1. Sun, Sea and trainspotting. Two weeks in sunny Paignton watching those green, chocolate and cream going by.

2. Isambard Kingdom Brunel one of the best engineers of the Victorian age, brilliant viaducts, bridges and tunnels.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Totally agree with number 2 - the best engineer of all time!!!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Now have to be carefull here on answering ie201 reply to what era he is doing.

I agree that and i qoute what you wrote if i may, :

Isambard Kingdom Brunel one of the best engineers of the Victorian age, brilliant viaducts, bridges and tunnels.

Now what i can not agree on is GWR mate, i mean i thought you was taking this railway modeling serious but now your in it for a laugh just like Jeff :thumbs:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still i guess there is hope we can save you on here, Jeff is beyond saving i am afraid. :lol:

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
OOOooops:oops:!!!!

I'm one of the bad boys - apologies for missing out on the voting scene.  Recently had a lot on my plate and have had to limit my hobby time. 

For what it's worth now my interest is modern image in the north west although I have the usual naff excuse of a rail preservation society to run steam specials using favourite steamers from LMS days and BR in region.  Although not very knowledgeable about the history (not really a book person) I enjoy looking at the history of railway development through the models and would love to end up with a representative model(s) from each era.  Seeing the oldies running in a modern setting alongside todays trains gives me a very interesting perspective on all that has happened since the industrial revolution.  I have a terrible memory for detail but lots of vague one's of going on holiday by train from Liverpool Lime Street.  I am always envious of many of you who have very strong and accurate memories of our railway system. 

Happy Modelling,  
Mike

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.