Hornby Terrier

Posted
Rating:

Hornby idea of removing the weight from the boiler

Hi Matt.   Thank you for your help, Hornby was completely different when I emailed them. I will investigate the Service sheet.   Best wishes Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   Another reply, a bit late in the day, after seeing the new terrier on the hattons video I think that it was a case of mistaken identity? My terrier must have been left on the shelf somewhere, as it is definitely an older model with regular couplers, as the new model is fitted with NEM pockets and seems to have more details. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
And was the one you saw in the Hattons video the SAME R number as yours Kevin ?
If not you are talking about a different beastie 

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Thank you for your reply. There was no mention of R number, but as I wrote, the couplers and detailing are completely different. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
So it could have been the newer Hornby offering then Kevin, not sure where the mistaken identity comes in ?
Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt .The identity issue was the person who put the wrong ? Leaflet in the box. But I may save the DC Locos for a different Inglenook. Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Hang on Kevin, I thought you had given us the R number R3467. FROM the BOX ?  In which case the information from Hornby would be correct, and the loco DCC ready ?  Or are you now saying that the R3467 number came from the leaflet accompanying the loco ??
Confused

Scotland

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Kevin please take a couple of Pictures of your Loco, one side view and then turn it upside down and take one of the bottom and post them up here. Dont worry about picture orientation, I just want to see what we are ACTUALLY dealing with here  :thumbs
PS also take a picture of the box end with details on

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.    I have just realised that Hornby keep the same number per model, and this terrier isn’t the latest offering with that number. And the couplers aren’t the best This is my best effort. Best wishes Kevin 

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Struggling with the pictures Kevin. I'm afraid I think the only answer is follow the instructions in the leaflet you have, and see if you can remove the body. That will settle it once and for all. If you really think you can't, post it up to me with the chip and I'll do it for you
Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt. Thank you for your reply. I am sorry that the photos were not the best,  that idea seems good to me, but, I am thinking of putting the “ Made in China “ , terrier project , ( do you know where the latest terriers were built? ) on the back burner while I try to work on the scenery , then see how things progress.    Best wishes Kevin

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
No problems Bud. Just drop me a PM if you want me to take a look at it, I'm sure you could get someone to post it up for you. If it needs hard wiring thats not a problem.
For now Go get on with that scenery  :thumbs

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Thank you for your reply. I have the background in mind, and as soon as I can get my hands on a piece off a sheet of hardboard I will be away. Thank you for locating the “ how to “ by Nigel, I have followed that before. Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   Thank you for your assistance with my Powercab problem? You probably have already seen this message?I would seem that my right hand isn’t always cooperating, but, especially my index finger when either one finger typing or worse, soldering, when my hand don’t want to work. Best wishes Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.