Sir Nigel Gresley

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Funny you should say that. . . Swmbo says I produce particulates that can't be seen and cause her problems   :roll:

Theakstons Old Peculier for a change Peter. . . Maybe thats what's causing the particulates  :hmm

Cheers  *hic*

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
What an awfull job those poor guys used to have with those smelly dirty steam engines if they had for example the 8am from say marylebone  they would have to get there at 5 am and light a fire and and build enough pressure up to move the bloomin thing by 8am while they were waiting they had to oil and grease a multitude of working parts otherwise it would break down.

Now mr diesel or electric man can get there at 7.55am and press a button and he is away

Plus of course at the end of the day the kettle had to be de steamed and all the rubbish removed .

Mr diesel and electric just pressed the button when finished.  :mutley :mutley :mutley

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
[user=364]Super D[/user] wrote:
Peter, Maureen is not keen on the idea and I am certain Liz is of the same mind.

On the contrary Derek - Liz thinks it's a brilliant idea !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote:
Funny you should say that. . . Swmbo says I produce particulates that can't be seen and cause her problems   :roll:

Theakstons Old Peculier for a change Peter. . . Maybe thats what's causing the particulates  :hmm

Cheers  *hic*

Matt

:mutley :mutley :mutley

OP will do nicely Matt.  :thumbs

By sheer coincidence, there's a guy creating an English pub and micro brewery in the village where we lived until last year - just 10 miles away.  I was there having a guided tour of the "work in progress" establishment yesterday and, having sampled a couple of his "micro brews", he produced 3 bottles of Old Peculier to accompany our snack lunch - very nice it was too.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Buttons, buttons, buttons Brian …………………

Isn't he a character from Cinderella and isn't that all about carriages and balls…………………….and, don't they have to get back to their MPD by midnight otherwise they'll turn into rags  ? 

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.