Kevin's Inglenook Junction

Posted
Rating:

Two Planks Become One

Being in nurses clutches can be a frightening thing Kevin - I'm not surprised you're pleased you escaped.

Take care and hope all goes well from now on.   :thumbs

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.    On another subject???  Back to Hornby and my clumsy hands on dismantling a 2Bil or 2HAL. I received a reply from Hornby and the bodyshell window clips. The mention of “ glazing clips “ has got me guessing. What and where are they situated?  Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin, delighted that you are back thinking of models - of the train variety, not those nurses.  On the subject of your back scene, I modified Phil's version of stapling them and just glued them along the top.  It has worked very well.  As it was only light paper, I used pritstick, but you may try something similar and you don't need to be too nimble to get it done.
Michael 

Posted
Rating:
I thought that earlier! Nice to have you back Kevin!

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael. Thank you for your reply. But the modern uniform is very good for protection, more like overalls than the “1960’s carry on style “. But having said that I must be serious and carry on with the scenery. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael.   Thank you again for your reply. I have had some success with “pritt-stick” with paper to paper, but, when I used it for paper to cardboard kits, not as much. And as far as my back ground scenery to plywood I doubt if it would work.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Michael.   Thank you again for your reply. I have had some success with “pritt-stick” with paper to paper, but, when I used it for paper to cardboard kits, not as much. And as far as my back ground scenery to plywood I doubt if it would work.  Best wishes Kevin 

Use wallpaper paste Kevin, You can buy a small bag. Mix a SMALL amount of powder into some water so you get a VERY watery, runny solution and brush  a heavy coat onto the plywood so it soaks in (front and back) and leave overnight to dry. Repeat with a slightly thicker mix and again leave untill its thoroughly dry. You can if you wish, do a third coat but two SHOULD be enough. Now mix some paste as you would if you were hanging wallpaper, coat the back of your backscene, leave to dry for 5-10 minutes and then apply another coat to the backscene and then stick it to your plywood. You can roll out any bubbles using a glass or jar on its side, carfully roll the edges of the backscene over the edges of the plywood and hold in place with clothes pegs ( preferably old weak ones) if you think the pegs are too strong and may mark the surface of the backscene paper then cut a card strip to put between the peg and the paper to spread the load and stop it marking. Check regularly for a time to make sure the paper isn't wrinkling or creasing and then leave it somewhere to dry slowly overnight.  You should get a good bond to the pre primed plywood  :thumbs

If your not sure you can practice with some offcuts to get your mixes right before doing the actual backscene ?

P.S glazing clips on your 2hal/ Bil ?? No idea probably Gwiwer or SRMan are your best bet on those  :hmm

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Thank you for your reply. That is an excellent idea, but, my original idea was to paint the scene until I realised that since I gave up Ale I am not such a good painter. And then I found a suitable scene from Noch.And now the plywood lid/ back drop is primed for paint and the primer had got slapped on?
Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Then the plywood is sealed Kevin. Just still follow the steps above but I would only do one coat of wallpaper paste and mix it a bit thicker, to prime the painted surface. If it dries really fast then do another coat. People wallpaper over paint all the time !Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   Thank you for your reply. I shall have a go at that. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Thank you for your reply. But, when I said about the primer, I also said “SLAP “ that was the sound that the brush made, which leaves the primer being somewhat rough to go with the clouds. Best wishes Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.