Kevin's Inglenook Junction

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Two Planks Become One

When you say tabs Kevin, are we talking browser tabs ? Or do you mean open programm tabs ?

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Everything disappears , programme and browser. But then everything comes back, just like that.Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Probably updates from Apple Kevin , as long as it comes back I wouldn't worry to much about it
Remember I've mentioned before  double press the  home button ( little round button ) and it will show you all PROGRAM TABS you have open, swipe left or right to scroll through them and swipe up while hovering over an open program tab to close it. Or tab the open tab to bring it to full screen. 

If you don't do this occasionally you end up with loads open in the background

HTH

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi mat.    Thank you for your reply. Now that you mention it,  I have had the reading list pop up, but, I didn’t request it and I have been trying to delete it. Could you please tell me how to get rid of it. Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
WHAT reading list Kevin ???  :hmm

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Thank you for your reply. Don’t know, it just popped up. But, it is always at the left side of the screen.Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.    With all your help, picking up the thread that Nigel had sent me, I am still in trouble with my finger? As you may have read. I know that I am able to follow the instructions because I have done it before, but, my finger does a “ Double Tap “ even when I am on my iPad. Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
All you can do is keep trying Kevin  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  And I can be very trying ! Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  This is another question? I sent a message to Colonel Stevens ( Terry) and as you would expect he answered, but, even though the answer is logged on my iPad I cannot find/read it. Can you please help me  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
What kind of message Kevin ?  PM ? In a post ? Carrier Pigeon ??

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   Thank you for your reply. Just a regular message which I added to “ The art of compromise “ thread regarding the manufacturer and the colours of paint used on his plank.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Ok Kevin there doesn't appear to be a reply from Terry in the Art of compromise so it must either be A PM or email ?

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   Thank you for your reply. It wasn’t a PM , nor an email otherwise it would have been a direct email. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   Here we go again. “ I don’t  believe it “ . After the first time that Nigel sent the instructions from the NCE POWERCAB manual it was a straight forward operation. But, now I am really feel like a pl*nker trying to set the Loco address. I even cleaned the track, following your guidelines. And from what I can make out on the news Boris has extended the lockdown which makes it look like I will never get out. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   I don’t believe it! There wasn’t anything wrong with Inglenook junction or the NCE Powercab, which makes me question my memory? Most likely it is because I haven’t been “ playing with it/ operating it “ for too long.And now that I look back all the Loco cabside numbers were there staring me in the face, the track still needs a good cleaning. But, I have my Hardboard and IPA standing by all ( how about cleaning the Points though) I need now is either a supply of paper bags for my old Electrolux or a bag less Dyson, and then figure out how to use either sitting down to save my back and I can get on with the spring cleaning around the house.   Best wishes Kevin  

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Well Kevin its a sad thing, but if you DON'T have the bags, and you DON'T have a cordless,. S&@ The spring clean, just sit and run trains while you remember how !!  :thumbs
Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt. Thank you for your reply. Bagless, not cord less, chord less maybe because I cannot sing :mutley:mutley:mutley. And if I sit on my stool playing with/ operating the dust would build up and then I would need a snow plough, make that dust plough.  Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael.  Yet another reply? with the limited amount of space on what was originally meant as the entire plank, the Inglenook part, I now realise that if I am going to have any life on the plank I need at least one building to fill the void. I originally thought about a coal yard, which would require access via a level crossing, I have been given ideas about asphalt foot paths, with wet and dry glass paper, maybe that would stretch to roads? It now seems that a minimal layout is going to get crowded. Can you please advise me. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
From Faversham Creek thread:

" Hi Michael.   I have been considering the middle ground on my Inglenook,  because DAS clay is unlikely to adhere to the plywood baseboard, unless  of course there is a medium, glue or whatever , with my cackhandedness I  don’t know if the cobblestone sheets would last long and then there the  joins to cover up . Have you got any reasonable suggestions that would  work with a coal yard? Apart from that keep up the good work. Best  wishes Kevin "

Hi Kevin, I'm giving an answer here, where it best belongs, rather than on Michaels's thread. The very easiest and rather appropriate ground finish for a coal yard is quite simply coal dust.

Paint your plywood very dark grey, then spread a thin layer of coal dust over it (Peco do packets of coal dust) and then treat it as you would ballast, i.e. wet it with some water with a trace of washing up liquid, then drop diluted PVA over it with a pipette or similar and leave overnight to set. Job done.

Cheers,

Bill

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.