We should be grateful...

Posted
Rating:
:mutley :mutley
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ah ha - an original GWR - a Great Whopping Roman……………………………….

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
:mutley:mutley

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
[user=2006]Barry Miltenburg[/user] wrote:
How lucky we are that in the model railway World generally and on this forum specifically, there is a community wish to be helpful, supportive and constructive.  Yes, there are differences of opinion but we don't spill blood in the process (even when I suggested that model railway shows were falling short of my expectations, I survived unscathed!).

Long may the environment that has been created here continue.

Barry

I joined another forum a while back - so that I could read content, not specifically to join in.  It claims to be the biggest (and by inference, the best)  you probably know which one.  I have picked up many helpful tips and information and the majority  of modellers are prepared to offer help and advice.  But I have noticed that there is a tone, a lack of patience and, dare I say, a competitive edge to an increasing number of posts.  And a desire to be heard, rather than to listen.  I have often welcomed new members by saying that all are welcome here and about the helpfulness of contributors.  I could add the good manners and the time that people give.  That doesn't happen by chance.  It is down the ethos set by the founding members and especially Robert.  It is preserved by the moderators and owner, Spurno.  I don't see many "thank yous" to them, but thought that this might be an opportune place to do so and for keeping the spirit of this being a club alive. 

Regards

Michael

Posted
Rating:
:thumbs
Good post ……I agree!

:cheers Cheers and thank you to Alan and the mods.  :cheers

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
It is a credit to Alan that he has continued to maintain the criteria set by Bob all those years ago.

It is a credit to the members that the Mods have a very easy life with little, if anything, to "moderate".

Long may that continue so that we can all enjoy our hobby to the full.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Appreciated.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hi All,

On reading this thread, a few thoughts:

LNER green is the finest colour a locomotive can be presented in, and looks splendid when followed by a long line of varnished teak coaches…

I've always loved looking at wargaming and fantasy models. There used to be a dragons cave scene set up in a local art shop when I was a boy – wonderful to look at while your mum is buying needlework supplies.

This site is the best on the net for advise, inspiration, and general friendly chat.

Gordon :-)
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.