Scrap car conversion.

Posted
Rating:
That's absolutely brilliant Phill but you appear to have used the wrong starter motor solenoid………………… :cheers

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sod it…so that's why it wouldn't start and me thinking it was something simple like the timing!  :???:

Thanks Peter  :)

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
When me dads didn't start he used to give the starter motor a 'light tap' with a hammer  :mutley

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Yep! That freed the Bendix as it used to sick ;-)

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Alan has created a Transport section here in Getting you started, Lineside, so this topic now moved to its new home  

At some time I'll go through the Lineside section and move in any other relevant topics    :thumbs

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Here's another one just finished, a Morris 8.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Hi Phil,

Your work is wonderful – stunning in fact. The attention to the detail is amazing – lights missing, wings removed, flat or missing tyres, and everything is so small!

Gordon :-)

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Gordon…..yes, everything is so small, but not in the pictures, that's when all the faults show up :)

Phil

Posted
Rating:
That's brilliant Phil - another masterpiece.  :thumbs

How did you do the wheel hubs ?  They do look like the real thing.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Peter.
For the wheel hubs, I just took off the tyre's sawed off the front part of the wheel itself and then trimmed the plastic to about the right size, I think I'll just mark them with a pointed tool to create the holes for the studs, too small for my smallest drill!

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Well you're the master at "marking with pointed tools" ………………….

The more I look at these cars, the more realistic they become.   :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Possibly a step by step article coming up in Model Rail magazine in a few months time, in the mean time I have to add the Morris to the other bangers :)

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
So scrappy looking, even a scrap metal dealer would shy away from it  :mutley

Er by the way
  :doublethumb

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Here's all the cars together.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Hi Phil,

Those wrecks bring back some memories of the local scrap yards. Rebuilding my Renault 4CV from the only wreck around along with a Gordini Ventoux engine "borrowed" from a wrecked Dauphine sitting next to the 4CV (0-60 in 20 seconds instead of 45 seconds, those were the days), clubbing together in the sixth form to buy runners (just) with a dubious MOT (how many in a Ford Consul on a trip to the Ally Pally to see the Who? 12!) with more rust than metal, quick and dirty welds on the chassis and bald tires, an Austin 8 in worse condition than yours that got totalled following a really good handbrake turn at 40 mph (the axle parted company with the chassis)…

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
They do indeed!  My first car, a 1967 Riley Kestrel - £25 back in 1982 - more welding than original metal.  Twin carbs….. white wall tyres….. two tone paintwork….. The engine fell out one day - as I pulled on the family drive!  A collector bought it for £250, so I upgraded to a Vauxhall Viva (my first triple figure vehicle!)  £100.  Weighed a ton and had no acceleration, but a great stereo!  Things kept breaking, failing or falling off….. and that's when I discovered the local scrap yard.  It kept that car going for another 18 months!!

Then a Mk IV Cortina….. big money - £400…… again, kept on the road by the scrap yard - including partly worn tyres to get through an MOT….. 

So those rusty old heaps remind me of a very enjoyable youth trying to keep my car on the road!

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Hi Phil.   Excellent. I have a shiny lorry that should have had some service, meaning a careless driver. I would like to leave the cab door open and smother it with the appearance of coal dust and wear etc. Can you please help. Best wishes Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.