Card Trams

Posted
Rating:
I went from the A stream to B stream though being useless at Latin!

Currently working on a dog bone tramway layout and trying out an alternative approach.

Summer of bike fixing actually eventually proved a success. I discovered the secret of assembling motorcycle front forks - cylindrical hammers (honest - even aluminium works well).

As a local aside it is a while since I drove past the Thornbury Garage in Bradford but did so the other day and it seems to have been flattened. As where I worked is now B&Q, car parks and Morrisons wondering what will appear there.

Keighley tram garage however still stands. Interesting shape, wonder if it is listed?

David

freelance model railways and tramways
index02
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi David
Never actually been to the Shipley Depot. Where is it?

OK, Alleged Latin from top to bottom:-

Latinae Porcus - Latin of the swine (fake Latin).

Nil carborundum desperatum illegitimum - Do not despair or be ground down by the fatherless ones.

Per ardua ad asbestos - Let your work make you fireproof.

Latin:-

Ab Sinistra rustica, -  Upon my left clowns.

Ab Dextra homo ridiculus,- Upon my right jokers.

Ab Medium Ad Harerere! - Upon the centre I am stuck.

Pathetic but there it is. :shock:

Jim

Because, except in some unfortunate circumstances, trains did not run on town centre streets

Posted
Rating:
I assume you meant the Keighley depot. It is opposite the mill where Keighley model railway club have much of the top floor. Coming out of Keighley on the Halifax road it is just before the road turns right. There is nothing to indicate it was once a tram shed except maybe the high doors. I think some youth organisation is using it. Weird building as the front is parallel to the road but the building itself goes back at an angle. I must take a picture of it.
Dogbone tramway progressing

David 

freelance model railways and tramways
index02
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.