Peco Points

Posted
Rating:

L / H point not straight as it is meant to be

Hi Nigel. You have made a good point there, not pointless at all . Yes I do have an OO Gauge. In the meantime I have decided to keep that point as a spare for use later where it is not so critical. It is unfortunate that I haven’t got the patience to build my own points. I will have to be more choosey where I shop in future.  Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
A few years back I started building my own points and it's really easier and cheaper than I thought. Plus it has a good feel good factor.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Sapperjethro. Thank you for boosting my confidence? But, I am not so sure. Everyone who has built their own is right Pleased with the results. For now I will try to get on with my long list of outstanding jobs. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Hi Sapperjethro. Thank you very much..  Looks like this was built by a bunch of Royal Engineers. Best wishes. Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
If I were you Kevin, I'd write to Peco and ask why they're off-loading all their rejects onto you …………….

Yes, the odd one amongst the thousands produced will be Friday afternoon jobbies but you seem to be getting all their Friday afternoon production ……………………………………………

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac. Thank you for your reply. The problem with that is, once one has followed the modification guidelines, in all probability the “ ball 🎾 is in your court “, Game,Set and Match “ to Peco. Stymied! Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
I would encourage you to talk to the Peco Customer Assistance Bureau (they can be emailed, I think, check the website) and explain the situation. In my limited experience, they are a bit of a outlier in customer service in that they are actually interested in helping modellers where they can. 
Adam

Building OO in a sea of HO

Posted
Rating:
Hi Adam. Thank you for your reply. The only problem is not only the basic modification but I have removed the spring, besides the fact that I have already spoken to their expert on the phone as already mentioned in this thread. At that time I hadn’t noticed the outward curve.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
                                                     Update                                                                                                                         Hi All. Today I soldered the wires to the L/ H Point as per the DCC modification instructions . And afterwards I held up to the light and the R / H running rail is straight as a dye, just as it should be. Then I confirmed it with my straight edge. Yippee.
Best wishes Kevin 

Last edit: by Passed Driver

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.