Baking time

Posted
Rating:
#240182 (In Topic #13300)

Chocolate brownies

Hi All.   My New Year Resolutions have gone out of the window ! But, I am trying to make up for them, by baking Low Calorie Chocolate Browies, the problem is as soon as I bake a batch, they disappear, and that isn’t the only problem, I cannot find a small enough baking tin, it needs to be 14 cm x 14 cm ( or approx 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches)
I googled “ brownie tin “ but they are all too big for my recipe. Can anyone please advise me? Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin,

Amazon. Search mini baking tin. Low calorie brownie is an oxymoron. I buy ready to cook chocolate fudge brownie cookie mix, portion control without willpower. Unless I decided to eat 2.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hi Nigel. Thank you for your reply and a Happy New Year to you. Eating just one isn’t the problem, i tend to eat the batch within a couple of days.  I did purchase some mini boxes in the £1.00 shop to separate them and open one box a day, but, that idea didn’t work. You always give good advice, but, I am still wary with “ online ordering “. After I got hacked.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Kevin  "on line ordering" as the norm , will no doubt follow this

Sweden leads the race to become cashless society | Banking | The Guardian

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ron Thank you for your reply. That is all well and good until someone rocks the boat, when the purchaser gets hacked, by whichever means. I am reminded of the occasionan , long before I used a computer, after paying for my goods at Tesco? I received a letter from Game ( a company that I had never heard of) enquiring whether I had purchased one of their products, straight away I phoned my Bank and Card Protection Company, and then phonedGame. By the time everything was sorted, a shopping basket of £400.00 odd was spent, a Mobile Phone too.
The Bank in further correspondence told me that whoever carried out the fraud probably purchased the phone to see if it would be noticed before buying anything else. I would rather buy over the counter for now. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Break them in half then the calories don't count

Posted
Rating:
Hi Rob.  Thank you for your reply. I wish it was so simple, it is like a “ Seefood Diet “ ? See food and eat it. Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
You may find a batch of small enough baking tins  at Lidl or Aldi ,someone bought me a trio of them some years ago the nonstick is awful but they bake small stuff > are about 10" x 12" and of various depths.May be worth a look

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin,
Try Lakeland. Or just use heavy duty foil folded to desired shape. 

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hi Nigel. Thank you again. Lakeland was my first Port of call, then I actually gave foil a lot of thought, but, discounted it. I have been looking for another recipe to fit the tin that I have. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Never mind a small tin Kevin - double the quantities and send the unwanted brownies to me .................................

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac.  Thank you for your reply. If it was that straightforward? It would be simple to double the ingredients, but,I cannot imagine how to get the correct tiny size. I got as far as 14 x 14= 196, then I tried to divide it. The person that dreamed up the recipe must have the correct size tin, so I live in hope.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Does it matter if the tin is bigger ? break the brownie up once cooked .....

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
We just fill the tray with the brownie mix, bake it, then cut into whatever sized brownies we want and eat them!

Any left over mixture is put in the centre of another tray and baked and cut up in the same way.

Where's the problem?

Next thread pleaser.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ron. Thank you again. With the recipe mix the way it is in proportion to the tin size it bakes more like a biscuit.It would be better with even a smaller tin.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill. Thank you for your reply. That is the problem, there is not enough mixture to fill the tin to the correct level.Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Then I would just make a little more next time round. Sorry I couldn't help.
Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.  Thank you. I have been busy looking for another recipe.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
I had a similar problem with a recipe once - solved it by buying a round tin.  OK, odd shaped brownies, but I am not aiming for a Michelin star!!  Maybe that will help.

BBC Food has a great recipe for brownies which includes using mayonnaise.  I know it sounds odd, but they are amazing!!  Not sure about the calories though!  

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael.  Thank you for your reply. I have seen so many recipes that include Greek Yogurt , the BBC? Seem to have a lot of strange ideas. I have a box of “sponge tins “ but they are 8” tins, probably much too big?Best wishes Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.