Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
It can be made in 00 scale if required.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Yes, but a great one to model in any scale Kevin. 

I assume it's in Australia, but any more information about it Ron?

Super photo.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
You would say that, I get the collywobbles thinking about a regular wagon turntable.   It will soon be Christmas,Ho Ho Ho.   Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill. Thank you for your reply. Especially suited to narrow gauge I’d expect. I keep wondering why I didn’t go for Narrow Gauge, running in circles and disappearing up a tunnel.   Ho Ho Ho.  Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Here ya go Kevin heres a nice wagon turntable kit.

http://www.phd-design-etchings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Hi Brian. Thank you. Yes and that is what this thread is all about, “ brass etch” and the alternative methods of rotating them when insitu.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=1814]Longchap[/user] wrote:
Yes, but a great one to model in any scale Kevin. 

I assume it's in Australia, but any more information about it Ron?

Super photo.

Bill

Bill,, in USA

https://www.bcwrr.org/aerial.html

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Kevin
Here is another one nice kit i assume plastic construction  slightly bigger but comes with a servo to operate it

Very nice one and the right scale aswell

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/faller-small-wagon-turntable-model-kit-w-servo-ii-ho-gauge-120276/?CATARGETID=730003540000025625&cadevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj6HlrOyN3wIVaL7tCh3BkAaNEAQYAyABEgLE4fD_BwE

Brian

Last edit: by Briperran

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Hi Brian.  Thank you very much. But it is a bit pricey . And the P H designs  model is looking more attractive in comparison.   Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Ha! How much!???  Those Germans sure know how to charge, eh?  And it looks nothing like a wagon turntable.  Honestly, just get a disc of Perspex and make one!

You could buy some wagons to turn with that kind of money!

Martin

Manifestly it is better to use simple tools expertly than to possess a bewildering assortment of complicated gadgets and either neglect or use them incompetently. ( L.T.C.Rolt)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Martin. Thank you for your reply. Just like the remainder of Europe, and China, we are still paying through the nose, when there was a time when.??? I will let you fill in the blanks. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
[user=2084]Mr.Tin[/user] wrote:
Ha! How much!???  Those Germans sure know how to charge, eh?  And it looks nothing like a wagon turntable.  Honestly, just get a disc of Perspex and make one!

You could buy some wagons to turn with that kind of money!

Martin
Plus the electronic control module. Which is extra of course. And a couple of days to put it together. It's a kit.
The PH D out needs a lot of folding. And the amount is expense for what are 2 small etches. Needs a base anyway.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
But it looks so…foreign! It's hideous and nothing like a wagon turntable, as we know it, Jim!

Martin

Manifestly it is better to use simple tools expertly than to possess a bewildering assortment of complicated gadgets and either neglect or use them incompetently. ( L.T.C.Rolt)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Martin , Brian and Nigel. It sounds like a job for Mr DIY. I will have to put that on the back burner for now. And get the three way point wired and in service.Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
I don't understand how one models a wagon turntable in action.  I assume a loco drops a wagon on the TT, which then turns, say 90 degrees….. but then what?  Surely it is just stuck there unless another loco picks it up! 

style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 238);"Michael

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Do mean it needs the hand of God, Ed?  #that's what I imagined, but I am trying to avoid that as much as possible, so no wagon TT for me!

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
In real life, it could be pinch bars, ropes and a capstan, horse, tractor, but modelling wise then yes probably the hand from above.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
On the Oxford Model Railway Clubs 'Rewley Road' layout they actually got the wagon off the turntable onto another track without the hand from the sky!  they had channels in the baseboard where a wire went down off a horse (that had a harness that connected on to the wagons coupling (Sprat & Winkle style!) and also a shunter with a pinch bar if I recall the system worked with a series of pulleys and power from a mini drill!.  At least that's the basics, it worked and looked good. The layout is no more, but I ought really to contact the builders to get a more accurate plan of the principles and design

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bruce.  Thank you for your reply. I have on rare occasions seen a wagon turntable on a layout at an exhibition,but, usually  everyone is too busy and busy to explain things .  Best wishes Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.