Rating:
Inactive Member

009 just for fun for my daughter

Great work

Evan
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
so the next mission was to add the landscaping, the way in which i have done this is with simple plaster bandage and das air dry clay. 
i screwed up newspaper and added this where i wanted the hills. next was to add the plaster bandage, as this is my daughters layout she was keen to get involved and she helped throughout this entire process. 

so next up was to add the base colour and ballast.

i have used normal poster paints mixed into a dirty brown colour. 

for the ballast i have used fine N gauge ballast mixed with ballast magic to secure in place. 

now for the fun of adding grass etc.

Posted
Rating:
just over 90 days till Xmas !!  Should be ready well in time  :doublethumb

Last edit: by gdaysydney

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
so for my next trick…….. i had to get all the greenery done. i started off with ballast, i used n gauge fine ballast. once that was complete i then added static grass and i mixed two colours together as didnt want bright green. 
then i added bushes and other thicker scatter materials to build up the landscape. 

its almost a sin to cover the entire thing in snow. 

so i also had to build a tree but this tree had to be a christmas tree with lights in it………. well what my little girl wants. 

so i built the tree using hanging basker liner, once the trunk and branches where completed and the whole thing sprayed brown i then added micro LED's for the lights and hid all the wires inside the trunk. i then added scatter material of conifer green to the tree. i used two colours of LED's to make that christmas feel. 

all in all im quite happy. 

Posted
Rating:
Looking good

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
so over the last few days i have been busy, i wanted to get christmas eve finished. 
i have added snow, santa and a sleigh with rudolf. 

i then built a train, i used a 3d printed body in the style of a GWR railcar and added passengers and lights and a DCC chip. 

all in all im really happy with how this turned out and looking forward to taking it to peterborough show. 

and finally a video 

[yt]w7CuhAWPHH4[/yt]

what do you all think?

Posted
Rating:
Absolutely fantastic! I hope your daughter is happy with it. So much detail for such a little model that captures the spirit of Christmas!

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Thank you 

Posted
Rating:
It’s little and it’s silly but it was a lot of fun to build

Posted
Rating:
It just needs a little sound that fits, Christmas music from a mechanical music box maybe?

Posted
Rating:

[user=2057]TeaselBay[/user] wrote:
It just needs a little sound that fits, Christmas music from a mechanical music box maybe?

Now there’s a idea ha ha 
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.