Everything Hornby

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

SR Push Pull Set

This one Kevin ?                                            Kent's Hawkhirst Branch 1958

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   Yes, when identified it I replied. All the videos from 1958 are produced??? by Alan Snowdon and his wife did the voiceover .    Best wishes. Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Robert    This is another reply after re reading about the removal of the “Large Capacitor “. According to Hornby? “ the capacitors are necessary” and they even say to keep them when fitting a Decoder , which does seem strange as I understand it the Decoder covers the job done by the capacitor.  Best wishes. Kevin

Posted
Rating:
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Robert    This is another reply after re reading about the removal of the “Large Capacitor “. According to Hornby? “ the capacitors are necessary” and they even say to keep them when fitting a Decoder , which does seem strange as I understand it the Decoder covers the job done by the capacitor.  Best wishes. Kevin

Most probably for legal reasons, Kevin. The decoder does the job of the capacitors, so they can safely be removed. If you later convert it back to DC with a blanking plug after having removed the capacitors, then it doesn't meet Hornby's legal obligations to the regulations. Since it is out of their hands, this doesn't really matter, they just have to cover themselves in the wording: having done that, you take on the responsibility for removing the caps.

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
Hi Jeff.  Thank you. When I am done with them, it will be out of my control.  Best wishes. Kevin

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.