SEEP motor point wiring for DC

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Paul, think everybody is still on holiday  :mutley

Your always going to need IRJs on the Vee rails of any electrofrog point, but you've figured that out now.

Glad you've sorted the other problem as well  :thumbs

Just wondering if you've got one of those cheap Mulitimeters that you can pick up for about £5, I've found them invaluable when trying to diagnose faults.

Ed

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ed … yes I agree, folks must be away or simply just busy - unless I upset somebody :-)
Actually I do have a small and cheap multi-tester but never sure how best to use it in terms of DC track and points .ie. what setting to switch to and how to read it accurately. 

cheers
Paul

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Not exactly the best video about multimeters Paul, he just seems to be using it for testing batteries (not very accurately). 

You might find some of these posts more useful.

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13511&forum_id=9&highlight=multimeter

Ed

Posted
Rating:
There are some good, easy to follow books on multi-meters available for very little money Paul.

I too look at the things, skillfully twiddle a dial this way or that, then put it away because I have no idea how to use the darned thing !! 

Even the language is baffling - "in parallel" in my book, refers to 2 wooden bars, side by side in a gym.  We had to do somersaults and other silly things on them at school.  "In series" - that's on TV - like a serial but each programme is a self-contained story………………  As for waves and pulses……………………… :???: :???: :???:

On the other hand, there are guys like Sol and Max and Trevor on here - they know it all and are prepared to share - you just have to ask    :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Ed … yes the YouTube link was just to show you the multi-meter type specifically - fully agree the actual demo is very poor indeed  :???: The links you sent look really useful so I thank you for those and I'm sure I'll learn all I need to know.
Thanks Peter - I like the analogies of 'in parallel' and 'series' … they have the same meaning for me too  :lol: … and yes Sol, Max and Trevor are the best source for all my electrical questions but I try not to bother them too much on smaller topics that I can find out myself hopefully … they have already been a great help on the larger topics and I have learnt much already.

Paul  
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.