Life is just a bowl of cherries!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:

Josh has been working on this section. Looking good! Mind you, this lot came from the old layout ……………………………. leave alone about thirty engines and their carriages. Most of it cane from carboot sales and Ebay; also some scrachbuilding! hmmmmmmmmmmmmm The grandsons are happy. The DCC goes into cold storage for the moment! I have been "warned" that whilst the boys are working on this, under no circumstances am I going to go into N Guage!!!!! New carpets come first!!!!!!!!!;-):lol:

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Another diorama for the layout by Samson aged 11years ……………… no help given …………. Samson also took the photograph!

Posted
Rating:
Now they look good John - well done Samson.   :pathead

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Well, the track is down, used an old wiring left in situ we put some power through, the test engine ran four feet and gave up!!!!!!!!!! and from then on jump and stopped,so new wiring will be the order of the day and a reminding of myself how to do it!
We'll practice using the soldering iron first!!!!!!!! The heat in the loft with a fan running is challenging!!!!!! Nothing quite like a concrete tile roof ………………………… and we had a fan on!
Forgot these little challenges. Josh has done really well with the track!!!!!!!!! 32 feet run with curves each end with point in between and sidings …………………………….. The length of the layout is thirty two feet.
It must be twelve years since that layout went in and at 69, getting up and down is a challenge …………………. ah ………….. Anno Domini!
hey ho, tomorrow is another day!
 Back to the greenhouses and polytunnel! ……………………………………… and WINE!:shock::cheers

Posted
Rating:
Hi Everyone,The best laid plans of mice and men come to a standstill. The 00 lay out is on hold in the loft as Josh started his self employed Gardening work and I developed Cancer of the Asophagus. Over the last two years, I've had two lots of Chemo and one Immunatherapy and currently awaiting the results of a CT Scan next week. Fingers crossed that its still shrunk.
I've spent the time on very limited activity and much  sleeping! Going up to the loft has been a no no!
I am hoping I will be able this year to build a DCC plank layout which I could do in the Summer House when both the weather picks up and I am able. Currently the Chemo has trashed my stomach linings so I'm somewhat thinner, but alive and extremely grateful for the excellent treatment I have been receiving from the Cancer Unit. Tremendous love and  support  from my wife Sue and grandsons, Josh and Jacob.
Hey ho.
Thank you for not deleting my membership! Looking forward to looking through the site and hopefully making some plans for the DCC.
Happy New Year Everyone!
Best wishes,
John

Posted
Rating:
Hi John

Glad to hear that you appear to be over the worst of the dreaded "C" and looking forward to a bit of R&R with a plank in the summerhouse - sounds an ideal tonic!!

I'm sure the boys will be the first to offer whatever support they can.

There will be loads of us waiting for the first pictures but NO PRESSURE!  We too will be glad to encourage and support without making you think you really ought to get more done  :lol: :lol:

Best wishes

Barry

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
Well John, thank goodness 2022 is over for you, so onwards and upwards, albeit slowly, slowly.

Your mind seems to be in a good place and while the rest of you plays catchup, you can plan where to take your railway activity. Planks are great fun, as you can make good progress quickly, as well as practice rusty skills and learn new ones.

Personally, I like the research and planning the layout, as it defines your railway, is fun and takes a load of time, as you recover. If you like building kits, this is another less taxing activity, more easily to do in a cosy corner indoors.

Best of luck to you and do let us know you get on.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Barry!

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Bill!

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.