New Dawn Project

Posted
Rating:

A DC and DCC Heritage Railway

…….. and decided to save the countryside section ………………….. Sorry, the photo is sideways …………… could some readajust for me please ……………………..    âœ“ B

Life is just a bowl of cherries!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
As part of his Home Education will be working with me on the New Dawn Project. His elder brother Josh was involeved in the original New Dawn in our other house, the first time I had ever had DC 00 guage , so it was all very new, some ten/ eleven years ago now.
A lot of subjects are covered in the work. Today we have decided to keep DC on the inside and DCC on the outside with the inside of the dioramas being Great Western Railway Steam only, with a possible railcar. Diorama 1 will be Industrial, Diorama 2 will remain Farm and Country, Diorama 3  ?, Diorama 4 will be a new harbour while Diorama 5 is also unknown, The beams allow the trains to go from one diorama to another. Samson, at nine years is much more clued up and the afternoon session saw us watching Jeremy Clarkson's Isambard Kingdom Brunel on U Tube, (as well as baking three sponges).  hey ho.
After a long break while Grandad John learnt the making of Plank on frame Model fishing boats, the Model Railway engines etc will need some TLC!
Never a dull moment in Paradise. Buy some thin ply boards for covering the old layout surface on Saturday!
All fun! :doublethumb

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
As this is a creative project, anything goes. The line here will be DC and GWR Heritage. A loop at the end would be nice and seems feasible. but we'll see! Wait for Samson next week! hey ho :hmm

Posted
Rating:
Hello Janner
Good to have you back. Long time no see.

Best wishes

Derek

Last edit: by Super D

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Good to be back …………………….. our youngest grandson gave me the push …………………. so we've started! Hope all goes well with you! :doublethumb

Posted
Rating:
Right on!

Posted
Rating:
Great to see new wood and track in position - looking forward to reading more.

I haven't heard someone get called Janner for years!!

Michael

Posted
Rating:

Well this post took two years to make and thanks to Corvid 19, lockdown in UK, three grandsons home from School and College, I have released Josh now aged 17yrs and Samson now aged 11yrs on to New Dawn project to do their thing with it. Our third grandson, Jacob, now 14yrs will work the computer side! The old man here spent his afternoon sorting three engines on the resurrected rolling road. Was all this very unexpected, YES and it's lovely to be back. Thankfully the three grandsons have more skills than the old man who thanks to Josh discovered this website so many years ago, then for some years got distracted with model boat making, plank on frame.
Now ……………….…………… let's watch and see ………………………. as Grandad and his three grandsons work together ………………..

Posted
Rating:
Well that is definitely one good thing to come out of the lockdown.  Excellent to see you back at the track and the boys picking up the interest. It might be interesting to see where they take it.
Glad you are all well

Michael

Posted
Rating:

âœ“ B

Posted
Rating:
Two sideways photos showing that my camera expertise has not improved. The grandson's demolition work continues. Lots of new learning opportunities …………………………….. for all of us!

Posted
Rating:
That is great, I look forwards to watching it grow! Great to see it is a family project  :doublethumb

Posted
Rating:

âœ“ B

Posted
Rating:
Josh at work .…………………………………… great to watch Josh and Samson!!!!!!!!

Posted
Rating:

âœ“ B

Posted
Rating:
Oh!  That really is a complete rebuild!  What are their plans?  Is it going to be fairly traditional or are they going to inject some of the 21st century into it?  Really looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
great to see the Grandkids involved. Looks like they are having great fun !

On the photos I'm assuming your using an iphone ?  see if this link helps any

https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/17/check-iphone-photo-orientation/

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for sorting that Matt. Yes, it was the iPhone but these next two are from the camera which I hope will be okay. It's great to be back albeit it in a supporting role of the boys' creation, which is brill! It will be a great journey!

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.