Sugar cane themed mini-layout

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

On30 in a small space

Oh.  And the turntable is a cracker, also!

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Looking really smart Nigel i can already see this is going to be a lovely layout especially like how you have down the sleepers you really have got the essence of a narrow gauge railway there.

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
That railway's looking lovely. And I agree with Max about the offset sleepers.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max, Brian and Brendan.

Thanks. The Micro Engineering track comes with the odd offset tie. Where they are zig-zag is where they are too close. Good track system, but the rail spikes are a bit fragile. I will be weathering and distressing them in a bit. The short frog is a real help as it does not need to be wired unless that 0-2-0 is running. DCC ready out of the box.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Nah, that would be an 0-1-0, but as it happens, the French only count the wheels they can see on one side of the locomotive when expressing wheel configurations. Took me a while to understand my railway mad French teacher talking about my panniers as 0-3-0s, but it kind of makes sense in a strange way.

Great trackwork and electrickerys Nigel, well researched and executed as usual.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Bill.

Ed, I was wondering when that would get noticed. The Bristol and Exeter steam carriage of 1848 had an 0-2-0 power unit, which some illustrations show has an articulated carriage attached to which the coal/water tank was attached. Other illustrations show a common frame.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hey, just caught up. This is looking great! 
Can’t be far off getting some scenery now?

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris,

And here I am thinking the grey and pink go so well together. Track laying, wiring, testing, testing, testing. I have a selection of tropical looking greenery to plant. Couple of trees. Engine shed. Passenger halt. The mill. Plus 2 locomotives to finish. And some rolling stock. And….long list. Deadline is the summer.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hi All,

Last post in this topic, baseboards sold, stock goes on eebygum shortly, I'll just keep a few items to have a plank.

Check my new (old?) topic on building a Dean outside frame 0-6-0. Back to the GWR and 4mm EM gauge. :doublethumb :doublethumb :doublethumb

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ed,

Space, access to my Daughter's garage ending next month, declining enthusiasm, and a box full of kits and projects in EM GWR/WR waiting for me. Plus medical stuff on and off since January has seriously interrupted any modeling progress. Fun while it lasted, time for a change. 

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
……….. and a change is as good as a rest  :mutley

:thumbs

Ed

Posted
Rating:
[user=1632]BCDR[/user] wrote:
Hi All,

Last post in this topic, baseboards sold, stock goes on eebygum shortly, I'll just keep a few items to have a plank.

Check my new (old?) topic on building a Dean outside frame 0-6-0. Back to the GWR and 4mm EM gauge. :doublethumb :doublethumb :doublethumb

Nigel
Nooooooo! How could you do this, I was enjoying this one! Can you ask the person who bought it off you too add their progress on here?  :hmm

Ah well, I look forwards to your other posts!

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris,

The buyer unfortunately has other ideas. I will probably do an even smaller plank to put the stock to work. No turntable. Probably an inglenook ladder. No Time Wasters (oops, Time Savers).

Rest assured there will be even more whacky stuff coming.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.