Rating:
I see them as well using Firefox.

"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"
Regards.
Tony.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I have started work on building the art deco hotel and in particular the central section that contains the entrance hall and lift lobby for each floor.  I also look at how I am going to light each of the floors which will be visible from outside the building.  The train cam also gets a run out up the branch line to see from track level the scenic work completed around the station.  

Last edit: by Barchester

Posted
Rating:
In this video I concentrate on scratch building of an art deco hotel for the layout.  I am using the Woodland Scenic Just Plug system to light the interior because I want individual control of brightness of the various lights.  I show the effect of using them to light the central lift lobbies.

Posted
Rating:
For on building the hotel continues.  I also promised to show how I go about painting n scale figures following some comments in response to my last video.  Painting, speaking and keeping everything in focus proved a real challenge.

Posted
Rating:
I decided to concentrate on some scenic work on the layout for this video.  Following on from the last video I put in a new addition to the raised area near the station of Weathertop, and built the embankment and retaining wall to link it to the lower level by the viaduct.  I also responded to a comment about the pedestrian crossing near the station and repainted it to make it confirm with the relevant regulations applying in the late 1940s early 1950s.  If you ever wondered what order a zebra crossing must be painted it, this is the place to find out.

Posted
Rating:
Edinburgh being a busy place in August with lots of other things to do, this video largely concentrates on the build of the art deco hotel. In the last video I asked whether people would like to see some short sections in these videos of full size steam and diesel heritage locomotives.  i was able to get to the Summer Steam Up at the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway to get some footage.  It includes a sight that takes you back to the pre-grouping days in Scotland of a Caledonian Railway locomotive with its coaches entering service.

Posted
Rating:
Back from holiday in Orkney and ready to get building the art deco hotel.  In particular I had to design and build the Fire Escape for the rear of the building.  Having time away allowed me to think about the next part of the layout to be developed and all is revealed in the video.

Posted
Rating:
In the October update I show how I resolved my problem of wonky window frames with an excellent razor saw and mitre block that allows accurate cuts for mitre window frames using 1.5 mm strip styrene.  I enjoy the delight of DCC by having five locomotives running at once, and provide an update on the start of the work to build the terminus for the branch line at High Elven.

Posted
Rating:
Great videos. There is so much detail in there!

Posted
Rating:
[user=2057]TeaselBay[/user] wrote:
Great videos. There is so much detail in there!

Thanks very much Chris

Stephen

Posted
Rating:
In this video I show the outcome of the work to make 66 window frames for the scratch build Hotel.  I also have to accept the need to change a major design feature in the light of other changes that took place in the design and build of the hotel so far - but at least it allowed me to get some paint on the model to check that my intended colour scheme will work.  I also finally took the plunge to get the Gaugemast WiFi Receiver for my Prodigy Advance2.  It arrived just in time to give a first look at it and the app on my iPad to control the locomotives.[yt]IVkE1NKYq18[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
After a three week gap when life had the temerity my time away from modelling this video shows the work on the scratch build hotel.  A considerable amount of the exterior decoration is now complete.  In the vide I show the benefits for this build of using the Woodland Scenic light diffusing film and the tint

Posted
Rating:
After many months of work, and no little amount of scratch building, I have finally finished the scratch build of the art deco design hotel.  In this video I show the final stages of the build, including the design and build of the roof.  I show the hotel in its place on the layout next two my other two main scratch builds, the War Memorial and the Fire Station

Posted
Rating:
As promised in the last video here is the Christmas update for 2019.  After so much scratch building it is largely trains running, with some discussion of the plan for the next phase of work in 2020.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Posted
Rating:
I have now moved on with the design of the Church School that will be the next scratch build for the layout.  I also bought recently some light bars made to fit the n gauge Dapol coaches.  Dapol presently no supply them and I had four coaches that needed the bars fitting.

Posted
Rating:
Lots of good ideas in response to my last video, about the design for the church school.  So it was out with the graph paper to make some changes. I lost provide an up date in the next two bits of scenic work for the layout 

Posted
Rating:
i have started the work on building the Church School, now that I have finalised the design. I also had a bright idea that I might be able to construct an incline to take the line up to the Coaling Stage entrance using Woodland Scenic Shaper sheet and plaster.  All is revealed in the video

Posted
Rating:
I appear to have forgotten to post this video which I am adding so that they are all on here.  More comment in the next post

Posted
Rating:
Over the last month or so I have been scratch building a Church School.  In this my latest video I show the completion of the work and the completed model on the layout with its light on.  I also talk through the scenic work that I completed around it, including the need to build an additional building which involved a bit of kit bashing.  Finally I reveal a near disaster in the build of another part of the layout from which I was saved by the comment of one of my subscribers.

Posted
Rating:
The latest video shows the work to build an incline for the Coal Stage together with a link span from the incline to the unloading bay, and a headshunt the other side of the unloading bay.  I have also decided to let you into the secret of the last post from me but including the video line as well.  Two for the price of one!

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.