Building Elvenhome, my first N Gauge layout

Posted
Rating:
With the town plan finalised I can return to scenic work around the main station.  I also talk through my design for the Fire Station the next scratch build project.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
It is time to start work on building the Fire Station.  I also complete some scenic work around the main station and have a first go at withering the fence which separates the railway from the terrace of houses.  I also provide a link to an unlisted video in which I demonstrate how I use Excel to make texture sheets for internal use.

Last edit: by Barchester

Posted
Rating:
In this the last video of the year I continue with the work of scratch building a fire station for the main town of Weathertop on the layout.  

Posted
Rating:
After some 20 hours work I have completed the build of my 3 bay art deco Fire Station for the main town of Weathertop on my N gauge layout.  This video records the final stages of build  

Posted
Rating:
The Fire Station gets a drill tower, and I show the steps to building that.  I also talk about the work I will be doing to the two terraces of houses new the main station.

Posted
Rating:
In this video, following a request from a subscriber, I show the process of creating a single terrace from some Metcalf buildings, and fitting them with gutters and downpipes.  This is part 1, with the second part in a couple of weeks' time

Posted
Rating:
For this the 50th edition I complete the work I started on fitting gutters and downpipes.  I also have included a retrospective of the building of the layout over the last 33 months.  Finally I seek help in how to fill a space near the station.

[/yt]

Last edit: by breakage

Posted
Rating:
In this video I reveal the outcome of my request for ideas for  building to fill a vacant space in front of the main station.  I also review and build a gasometer kit from N Scenic  and start work in building garden square complete with playground.  I get to try my had at painting figures in N gauge, and why not start with the smallest figures you can find -  children. 

[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
In this video I complete the work of building a garden square to go on the layout replete with a play park, benches and people. I also talk about my next scratch build, and the dapol Flying Scotsman arrives on the layout.

[yt]UG4uoiHgw5Q[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
After a lot of head scratching and brain work I finally settled on the design for my Art Deco Hotel for the layout.  I tell all in this the latest episode.  You also get to see two A3 locomotives in action, and the result of further scenic work around the station.
[yt]3l25IzX7fns[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
In this the latest episode, I start to construct the art deco hotel, but run into a question of scale.  A brief encounter with my wife's sewing box gives me an idea, and I also sow some other small bits fo scenic work and kit construction.  There are also two A4s in the running session which includes track cam footage.
[yt]40W7zuu5qmA[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
Time for an update on the work over the last few weeks, including the first tentative steps in building the railway hotel and scenic work around the station and fire station. [yt]VVMOtA-J_RE[/yt]

Last edit: by Stephen Humphreys

Posted
Rating:
In this update, after a break of four weeks, I have finalised the design of the Hotel and started work on ensuring the base is accurately cut.  Various bits of scenic work have taken place and there is a running session or two, including something a bit bigger than N scale.
[yt]J6fX9v5qveg[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
I can't see any videos, just a lot of black rectangles.
Terry

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I can see them all, Terry.

Posted
Rating:
The build of the Art Deco Hotel progresses with the exterior construction method finalised and the wall pieces cut.  I also talk about the Woodland Scenics Just Plug system that I am going to use to light the building and how that will help make the construction simpler.  I get five locomotives running at once in the running session, which took some controlling.  Finally I demonstrate making trees with sea foam to encourage others to use this fairly straightforward way of making realistic trees.[yt]Upxn2Id1AdA[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
In this video I complete the work to build the memorial garden in which the War Memorial I scratch built last year can stand.  I was pleased with the effects I was able to get using rubberised horsehair for hedging.  Getting the right effect with the static grass proved trickier, until I remembered a low tech way of doing it.
[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
Ken
Inactive Member
[user=711]col.stephens[/user] wrote:
Terry
Me too!
Ken.

'It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that Swing'

Posted
Rating:
[user=34]Ken[/user] wrote:
[user=711]col.stephens[/user] wrote:
Terry
Me too!
Ken.
Sorry about that Ken.  I'm not sure what to suggest.  I can see them all clearly. I've added just a link to this reply rather than using the facility to insert a video into to the post let's see if this works. 

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I see them OK with no problems using Firefox as the browser.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.