Small layouts planks and micros

Posted
Rating:

Mobile Shunting Puzzle Plank

Hi Kevin,

Gesso, that takes me back. It is not meant to be sanded. It is meant to prepare canvas for acrylic paints. Comes in two grades - student and artist. Student grade is cheaper and thicker. Gesso is made from chalk, gypsum, acrylic binder. Most canvas these days comes ready to paint. I have not found any real advantage over regular paint/primer and acrylics or rattle can primer followed by rattle can clouds and blue sky when painting hardboard. Consider trying light blue foamboard. Background already done for you, cheap, light and easy to replace. Cut a few cloud templates in cardboard (or copy real ones), rattle can white and grey, let that inner artist out.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Nigel. Thank you for your reply. I only used Gesso because that was the general advice on YouTube when painting on wood. In my case I am intent on painting the sky on the inner surface of my plank, “protective case “. I have never used foam board, come to it the only “ Art Painting “ that I have ever done was in school, and I left school so long ago now, that I cannot remember much about it. And now that I have done it, and it is too late to
“ Undo it”. What do you suggest that I do next??? Rattle cans you said , but surely if I don’t sand the gesso flat? Those clouds will become Storm Clouds.   Please advise.  Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Jeff.  This is another reply . I ‘m sorry to say but no progress on the “ Photos Front yet “. I have made progress with the L/ H point by giving up on it, and using a R/ H point instead. None of my “ mates? “ have got time to help me.I have just read something about foamboard which I would like to use to make a micro layout, and I do believe that you are a fan, something for cold nights now that I have given up on the TV .    Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Jeff.  This is another reply . I ‘m sorry to say but no progress on the “ Photos Front yet “. I have made progress with the L/ H point by giving up on it, and using a R/ H point instead. None of my “ mates? “ have got time to help me.I have just read something about foamboard which I would like to use to make a micro layout, and I do believe that you are a fan, something for cold nights now that I have given up on the TV .    Best wishes Kevin 
I hope you are NOT referring to your "mates" from YMRC because we have tried to  but without photos & good drawings, we are limited on how we can help you. A few of us have sent you links , drawings & questions and it seems that we are butting our collective heads on the wall.

But it does seem your LH turnout must have a wiring error relating to the frog in that the 4 rails that make up the frog, are not electrically connected and this would be proved easily using a multimeter - something that any modeller should be capable of using.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ron. No not at all!  I ‘m sorry about my drawing, but, I never was much of an artist even with my finger?I am taking about school mates and the like. I am still certain that there is a problem with the L/ H point, but the 
“ Man from Peco “ is either at Lunch or in the Shop “ ??? Re the multi meter, I haven’t figured how to use it yet, I have been using a “ battery buzzer “ combo. Apparently I cannot be any Modeller ?  Best wishes Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.