Painting a Military Figure

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Bob(K)
if you could see me now i am on my knees bowing down to the master of DPM. they are great, i am about to order figures etc later. as mentioned earlier the helmet is a DPM cover and last if your are painting a figure from the past 10 years the webbing is also DPM.
ok next question (am i annoying you yet) can you tell me your supplier for your paint?

again Bob i take my hat of to you, cheers

Phill
did they have horses in your day?  :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Matt

I bought the cheapo acrylics from a discount book store, they were 4.99 pounds for a box of about 20 different colours.  The Citadel paints and Tamyia I bought in "Hobbycraft", which is a chain of craft/hobby shops shops.  Citadel can also be bought in most good model shops, or the Gamesworkshop outlets.  Tamyia paints are available widely in model shops.  This company does both enamels and acrylics and they look alike in the pots, so you need to check when you buy just to make sure.

Hope that answers your qusetion.

Bob(K)
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
For your information Matt i was in from 1978 untill 88 i did 10 years one was for the Queen.
I was in the Ordinance Corp, driver first class after 3 years, driving instructor for 2 years and then transferred to a field force regiment for 2 years and then came back as a instructor for the new sprogs coming into the Army. Left as a full screw, corporal to them who do not know what that is.
Oh how i still miss the meaning of true friends when i was in.

Now Bob as a instructor for new recruits if one of my men came on parade in them i would say very good excellent but "GET YOUR AR.. IN THE MUD AND MAKE THEM LOOK OLD YOU HORRIBLE G…"
So yes they are excellent too good for my new sprogs, well done.
Phill

Posted
Rating:
Bingo!
The detail in the face is superb.
Well done.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Just caught up with this thread Novice.

What a fantastic attention to detail and the end result (the 2nd attempt) is just amazing.  Brilliant colouring.  Looking forward to seeing the whole of the 8th Army being brought up to date !!!

Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:

Petermac said

Just caught up with this thread Novice.

What a fantastic attention to detail and the end result (the 2nd attempt) is just amazing.  Brilliant colouring.  Looking forward to seeing the whole of the 8th Army being brought up to date !!!

Petermac

Petermac
I have enough of camouflage for the time being - back to railway stuff for me.  All that squiggly stuff hurts my eyes  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
after Bob(K) gave some exellent tips i managed to come up with these, this is my first shot at figures and i enjoyed doing them. i did mess up a gun crew but i didn't like the gun crew :roll:

thanks Bob(K)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I know the lighting is angled differently in those shots Matt but the two figures in the last picture look perfect to me. You have obviously learned a good lesson.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
very well done matt, you made a nice job of those :)  :)

reg

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Matt

I am extremely impressed with your figure painting you certainly have done really well you are giving Bob a run for his money now.

cheers Brian.W
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
What with tree makers & figure painters, this will save me a lot of time as I am sure Forum members will get good discount prices :wink:

Well done.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Nice job Matt, these guys look spot on to me. Well done.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Matt

I think your figures look great.  I particularly like the REME team.  They should look excellent when all grouped in a diorama on your layout.

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Excellent job mate, all though in pic 5 i think, he looks like he is giving the bird  :D
Phill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Excellent job mate, all though in pic 5 i think, he looks like he is giving the bird  
Phill

Certainly looks it to me - perhaps he has just seen some Para's approaching :twisted:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Superb job, Matt.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Superb job Matt - I'm sending 400 over to you with a drawing of the Regimental colours - don't worry if you don't get the Sgt Major's  tash spot on - it'll never be noticed when they parade down my high street for St George's Day !!!

Like Bob, I think the last couple of shots could be stills from a film - brilliant.

Petermac

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.