Prices of model train stuff

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
I've allowed for inflation Alan - in my day they were 1/11p - wrapped in a free newspaper …………. :thumbs

I'm talking cod & chips - none of your fancy haddock.  ;-)
Rock salmon and chips was a tanner when I was a kid. You can't get rock nowadays. And they were cooked in dripping.

I'm old, that's why I'm allowed to change my mind, when I can find it.

My Website: index
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi 60019Bittern'

I got two Minitrix locos second hand ( 9F Evening Star, and 6000 Brittainia ) which run well.
The rest of my steam roster are 5 Union Mills locos.
I found out about Union Mills when I bought locos second hand ("pre-owned" !!) They look good and run so well, no ,
bits to damage.

Cheers
 Roy Low :)

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for the feedback Terry

No NER offerings yet until the N7 appears but its good to know they are making decent stuff.

The N7 was criticised for having the same details despite a number of class variations but given that I had to look up what the versions were and 99% of the visitors to my shed would not know a 3F from a cow's a**e, that doesn't bother me.  Like others have said - from normal viewing distances, all's well.

B

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
[user=2006]Barry Miltenburg[/user] wrote:
……………………………………..and 99% of the visitors to my shed would not know a 3F from a cow's a**e, …………………………

B
I think you're being a bit unfair Barry - surely that would depend on the breed of cow ……………. :cheers

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.