Progress at Lantern Yard

Posted
Rating:
Progress on the blacksmith's house and smithy.Nearly all painted, just some window frames and back door and a lot of little bits of touching up, but needing much weathering with powders and matt spray varnish ( I use Mr. Hobby UV flat).  Also need to make gutters and down pipes and various other bits of detail like door knobs, curtains, etc.

The smithy interior needs to be modelled more fully and painted, too

Lights in the smithy are also on the cards now I have my LEDs.

Cheers,
Martin

Manifestly it is better to use simple tools expertly than to possess a bewildering assortment of complicated gadgets and either neglect or use them incompetently. ( L.T.C.Rolt)
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Gutters made once I found my press, downpipes in 1/16th" rod and brackets for mounting them and the gutters.  But now I must do some work!  Playtime over for a while.

Martin

Manifestly it is better to use simple tools expertly than to possess a bewildering assortment of complicated gadgets and either neglect or use them incompetently. ( L.T.C.Rolt)

Posted
Rating:
Smithy's house with gutters and downpipes and door knob turned on the lathe.

Also did a ghost sign on the gable as that will face the front of the set-piece and the lane

Remaining downpipe for the back gutter, once I've pressed some more gutters. Just discovered that coke can is just the right thickness and stiffness to press and is far and away the best use I can think of for that muck!
The ghost sign is done with a finger tip full of Vallejo off white, then a tiny brush putting in London grey to represent faded black lettering. A few bricks picked out as the paint tens to pull the faces off old stock bricks. Colour all to hell in artificial light, so the reds jump at you.  I'll have to try grey scale.

Cheers,
Martin

Posted
Rating:
Looks better in black and white.

Cheers,
Martin

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.