Teasel Bay

Posted
Rating:

Early construction of a simple 00 garage layout

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

The Christmas lights were a bargain from B&M for £4.99.  There was about 12cm between each light so I folded and twittered each set to reduce it to about 5cm.  As always I cut the battery pack off, and connected them to the Arduino so I can turn them on/off from the touch screen and maybe have a party in a weeks. Keep your eyes pealed……

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Teasel Bay took part in the Great Eastern Virtual Model Railway Exhibition this weekend. Thought you might like the video I made. 

[yt]JQF0RYMjgfE[/yt]

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:
Great video Chris!  And what a good idea to have a virtual railway show.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
I enjoyed that - particularly the DMU setting off and the shots in the cutting.   :thumbs

As Michael said, a "virtual show" sounds an interesting idea - how does it work ?  It would probably help to save the planet for a couple more days …………….. :lol:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks. It was pretty straight forward, people just posted content to the Great Eastern Model Railway page on Facebook. 
There were even virtual sausage rolls for everyone who added content!! Haha

Posted
Rating:
Merry Christmas from Teasel Bay.

Hope you all have a great one, I look forwards to seeing how all the amazing layouts on here evolve next year!

Posted
Rating:
That's excellent Chris - well done and a very Happy Christmas and New Year to you and yours.

Let's hope 2020 is kind to us all.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thank you :)

Posted
Rating:
Happy Christmas, Chris.  A great Christmas snapshot!
I confess I thought the brick work in the background of the photo was a bit out of scale, by your usual high standards….. until I realised!  (It does look as if the train has emerged from a tunnel - or is it just me!!)

Warm regards

Michael

Posted
Rating:
[user=1512]Headmaster[/user] wrote:
I confess I thought the brick work in the background of the photo was a bit out of scale, by your usual high standards….. until I realised!  (It does look as if the train has emerged from a tunnel - or is it just me!!)

Warm regards

Michael
I haven't got around to a back scene yet, one day hey!

No tunnel at this side, just the a footbridge followed by a road bridge to hide the horribly tight curve to kick it around the back of the garage.  

I found this photo for reference.

Posted
Rating:
Merry Christmas from Wombat Creek. I hope you and every modeller will have a wonderful time .

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
[user=2057]TeaselBay[/user] wrote:
[user=1512]Headmaster[/user] wrote:

Warm regards

Michael
I haven't got around to a back scene yet, one day hey!

No tunnel at this side, just the a footbridge followed by a road bridge to hide the horribly tight curve to kick it around the back of the garage.  

I found this photo for reference.

And a very fine footbridge it is too!

Michael

Posted
Rating:
That is a good footbridge Chris - what make is it ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
That is a good footbridge Chris - what make is it ?
Its just the Hornby Scalescene footbridge, they have now added it to the Harry Potter range! https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/shop/themes/harry-potter.html

Posted
Rating:
Happy New Year All!
A new year, a new push, I was wavering coming into the garage with all the business associated with the build up to Christmas at the end of last year so Teasel Bay was a little neglected but you'll be glad to hear I've been back in this week!

When I dreamt up Teasel Bay in my head many years before I started building I had the idea of a old dry stone wall separating the fields from path.  Shop bought ones I had from my childhood layout don't follow Teasel's contours so I set out to build my own!

While being dragged around various shops and garden centres I was always on the look out for a suitable material to use and finally found what I was looking for in B&M.

Rather slowly, stone by stone I started to build up the wall…. It isn't finished yet, but it is starting to resemble a dry stone wall! 

Posted
Rating:
Rob & Lynda out for a winters stroll!

Posted
Rating:
Nice job on the wall Chris.  I always enjoy modellers making use of a non-modelling product!  Great patience to make that wall too!!
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Chris, well done on the wall. You must have a lot of patience

Cheers
Evan

Posted
Rating:
Glad you both like it. It is slow progress but getting there! 

Thought I’d add a few photos of this evenings running.

A Network South East Class 50 coasting into Teasel Bay.

A Class 101 passing a late running Class 156 Super Sprinter

Fowler 4P waiting patently at Teasel Bay. The station staff seem to have ‘forgotten’ to take down the Christmas lights!

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris.  You mentioned on my thread that you were looking forward to doing a sea scene at TB.  Check out MarklinofSweden's youtube video making a coastal scene from tissue paper, PVA and varnish.
I tried it on my water test base for the tidal creek and I'm very impressed.  I think it would work really well for a beach scene because it is so easy to shape the waves. As a sneak preview, here is my river scene test…

I will share all of the results on my thread when they are complete, but this is my first one and I really like it…..

Michael
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.