Teasel Bay

Posted
Rating:

Early construction of a simple 00 garage layout

I think I have a problem. I think I must be sensible and spend money on much needed scenery/wood etc to make Teasel look nice. I could also do with spending money on more coaches or wagons so I can diverse what runs… but alas I’m no better than my wife when she see’s a new bag!

This time it’s an Intercity liveried Class 47 from Bachmann. 

A retooling from Bachmann, the model is superb with the paintwork and labels applied very nicely. 

The only snag, is they have changed the decoder to a new socket called Plux22, so the decoder I bought for the job does not fit. So until payday, it’s a static model. 

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Planning the merge between Teasel bay and the narrow gauge line. I need to raise the track level up to the height of the bridge. I also need to squeeze in a small station, car park and kids play area. 

Posted
Rating:
Oh no, disaster! A meteor (in the form of an empty box falling while accessing storage above) hit Teasel Bay sea front this afternoon causing damage to the sea wall, streetlight and fencing. The council have cornered off the area until it can be repaired!

Posted
Rating:
You can't beat nature Chris. Hope it's all repaired soon.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Oh dear Chris…. but at least the locals will have great stories to tell, I wonder how many will claim to have been there when it landed?  Thankfully not enough of an impact to cause a Tsunami either and the bathers and ice cream sellers can continue.  Hope it fixes easily.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
I decided to tidy the garage today. Still loads to do, as well as a trip to the top but is looking better!

Gives you a good view of the two sides anyway. 

As the sun is out I thought I’d bring out the tourists to the bay. 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris, I like the shot of the whole set-up, which gives a good idea of what Teasel Bay looks like. 

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
[user=2172]Claus Ellef[/user] wrote:
Hi Chris, I like the shot of the whole set-up, which gives a good idea of what Teasel Bay looks like. 
Normally I go in close to hide the rubbish! Haha. 

Posted
Rating:
A short video of playing trains at a Teasel Bay this evening. I got in a little soldering but had fun playing this evening. 
[yt]xQHtsh8AHTo[/yt]

Posted
Rating:
Great little video Chris - Teasel Bay looks a very inviting place for a "staycation"......

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Fabulous video Chris which brings out the charm of TB. The opening tracking shot of the girl on the bicycle with the serenade of seagulls sets the scene magnificently for the rest of the story to unwind.

A very satisfying layout you have there, which has developed into so much more than just a model railway.

Best,

Bill

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Super video, Chris.  I like the drone-like camera work, you managed to keep a very steady hand. It really captures the soul of TB.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Yes, I agree with the above comments. Very nice.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks all. Got some very good comments on the old Facebook too. 

Posted
Rating:
I’ve heard a lot of people say they have struggled to wire these things up… I’ve got four in a row! Wish me luck…

Posted
Rating:
Are they electrofrog double slips?  The insulfrog ones are a piece of cake…..
Four in a row is quite impressive…. that will be some junction/station throat.

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Just for fun, these are the electrofrog. The point motor should control the frogs polarity so as long as I insulate the joins to the frogs I should be ok.. I hope!

Posted
Rating:
DCC concepts have a good diagram to help with the wiring, if you have not seen it.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
The switch on one end powers the frog at the other end and vice versa.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1120]peterm[/user] wrote:
The switch on one end powers the frog at the other end and vice versa.
That is basically it, but for some reason feels wrong and probably just like many I firstly powered the frog next to the motor so it was incorrect. 

As the photo I’m using the great IP Colbolt motors, my only criticism is they do not have an inverse frog. To change the frog polarity you have to swap the DCC in wires but alas I have wired the first crossing successfully and the 08 can navigate all routes without issue. 

You will be impressed though Peter, this time I’m splitting the wire insulation and soldering rather than using the clips which caused so much controversy back in Teasels younger days!!
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.