Teasel Bay

Posted
Rating:

Early construction of a simple 00 garage layout

I’ll have a little look see. Thanks for the tip. 
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris. You are quite correct, and I agree with your sentiments as for me I don’t have my own property let alone a garage. As for a four foot plank, if I ever get the job done complete with scenery??? Meanwhile I will carry on purchasing via online all the stuff to get the most from my four foot plank.   Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
I am sure you can still consider making your plank look less like a plank Kevin. If you are modelling a yard by definition the land would have been flattened but you could consider a cutting at the back or areas which are slightly built up to add to the illusion. 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris.   Thank you for your reply. Believe me I have been considering a piece of foam type material to the rear of the yard making a bank with a PW hut and other stuff to follow. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sounds good Kevin. I look forwards to seeing it. 
It was back to soldering for me tonight, to add droppers to the mainline before ballasting. 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris.  Keep looking, but don’t hold your breath.  Best wishes. Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Finally added a new section of back scene. Took me over a year to add it… 

Also dropped more wires down and soldered them to the track. 

Posted
Rating:
And very good it looks too.  Very satisfying when the bare gaps are filled by scenery, it always brings another section alive.  
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Lighter evenings mean I can get into the garden and paint the grass (accidentally of course!). Sprayed a base coat of Light Brown on the 009 track. Covering all point work to avoid connectivity issues. 

Posted
Rating:
 Surging ahead, Chris.  Droppers done, tracked fixed and now painted.  You will have those little trains speeding through the countryside in no time.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Your grass looks extremely realistic Chris - how did you do it ?..... :lol:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
:mutley

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Your grass looks extremely realistic Chris - how did you do it ?….. :lol:
Maybe just a tad overscale but hardly noticeable :)

Phil

Posted
Rating:

:mutley :mutley

Very witty Peter

Posted
Rating:
Ha. Very good. For some reason I didn’t notice your post. The difficulty is cutting it! Haha

Posted
Rating:
Most of tonight I spend soldering under the boards bringing the droppers from the track to the bus. 

Peter will be happy that I didn’t use the splicing block things, this time I used a block for the end of the bus, I’ll connect an old USB cable here to use the socket to carry power to the lift off section. This seems to work well on the other areas, so no reason not to repeat it! For the mid joins I cut the plastic casing and pulled it apart and soldered on to the wire without breaking it. Makes a nice solid connection. 

Posted
Rating:
A bit more interesting post this evening!

Firstly it’s spring, I liked this view of the tulip field this evening as the sun was setting. I might bring my desk light in and use it’s warm yellow setting to get a setting sun feel and retake this one..

Lots of progress over the weekend. I made a metre length of fencing out of match sticks and wire and then fixed that along the farmers road. Separating the road and the mainline. I’ve added some suitable bushes to bend it in. 

I then sprayed the track  down, using the same method as above and then cleaned the rails once dray with a track rubber. I was then able to start ballasting. I don’t mind it, I take small sections at a time and run along. I’m not yet complete, it isn’t glued down but I couldn’t resist a staged shot before finishing for the evening. 

Posted
Rating:
Great work again, Chris.  You have great patience to make that post and wire fencing, and it looks good.  I'm glad you enjoy the dreaded ballasting because you are going to have quite a lot to do, but it is looking like a fine job.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Lovely job Chris - the scrub around the fence looks great.

As Michael said, so pleased you like ballasting …………………. :shock: :shock:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thank you both. 
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.