Electrics

Posted
Rating:

Wiring multi pin plugs and sockets

Hi Nigel.   Thank you. But it was making the connection at the "Plug end" that was causing me concern.If I had more experience then I would have gone along.   Kevin
PS.   I cannot see where it is but I have found a short on the wiring?? Clutching the offending parts in my hand,
I went along to my local Maplin where I was greeted by an eager assistant, "Can I help you" said he? It was like the blind leading the blind, when I told him the problem, he said " I have not seen anything like that before".
Then I tried to explain the problem , which was a bit much for him, but I purchased the 1.5mm shrink tubing, which seems to fit okay, next thing, I will have to get a cheap hairdryer to shrink the tubing.   Kevin

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac.   Thank you. Today I was looking online for something "Completely Different", when I found Ribbon wire with a plug fitted, excellent I thought, but now too late, because plug was wide enough to accept the Ribbon, without distorting the wire. My plug and socket are a different design, a much smaller Round Hole suited to regular wire.
All the best. Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Nigel.  Thank you for showing me the " error of my ways".  Now that I have the got the 18g wire, can I utilise it to run from my Electrofrog points to the DPDT slide switches on my 4foot x 9 inch plank with the four " turnouts"these points/turnouts are manually operated.    Kevin

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.