Photography software

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Martin Wynne is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Uploading photos

[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
Inserting images is simple.  Use the button in the Post Reply pane - "Insert existing photo from Gallery."

BUT

That's only necessary when you have already uploaded them.

What you should do is use the "Upload new photo for insertion" button when you are replying or posting.

Then it is inserted at the same time automatically.
But whichever method you use, unless it is a small image like this start a new line first. Or preferably 2 new lines.

Martin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Allan.   Thank you, just write it down, and do not forget where it is written.  Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Max.  Happy New Year again?   I have managed to get an assortment of photos onto YMRC but, looking at the iPad they are "Upright" but, they turned out "Higgledy Piggledy ". It is a rough bunch of photos too, but just to see how it works.   Kevin
I have an Apple iPod Touch (not an iPad) and it does this neat trick of turning photographs round so that they always appear upright, irrespective of which way round you hold the device. However, if you take a photograph with the device not in it's upright position, then that image will be stored on it's side and therefore uploaded in this same configuration. It figures that the iPad uses the same system, so I suspect this may be happening with Kevin's photographs.

I'm never sure which is the 'correct' way round for iPads, either landscape or portrait and also suspect many others don't also, not that it normally matters.

Anyway, Good luck Kevin, you're very almost there!

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Martin Wynne is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=1814]Longchap[/user] wrote:
I'm never sure which is the 'correct' way round for iPads
Hi Bill,

If you look on the back of it you will notice a camera.

That goes at the top.  :)

regards,

Martin.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Martin,

As mentioned, I don't have an iPad, but hopefully your straight forward response will help Kevin get himself the right way up with his device!

Best wishes,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill. Happy New Year.    Everything I view on iPad ( except that is, the train info app) I view in portrait .And the photo of me and for that matter the Clock ( B R souvenir) were taken in portrait. But on Y M R C they have rotated.   all the best. Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.