Photography software

Posted
Rating:
#223125 (In Topic #12174)

Uploading photos

Hi All.  Happy New Year everyone. I have never found out how to upload photos onto Your Model Railway. I am not a "Showoff". but some advice/  criticism along the way can be helpful before digging a hole so deep I cannot get out of. I find that my iPad is very good at taking "Sharp Photograps and Videos" it also works as a computer, in fact too good, giving me the recent problem with my Laptop, because I had neglected to update it, but that is getting away from the issue. Can anyone tell me how I can upload from "Safari" onto YMRC? I can Email, Tweet, Facebook , etc. If my iPad had Firefox ? there wouldn't be a problem, but it hasn't  got it, so I am stuck unless someone can help Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Some of that has changed since Martin upgraded the Gallery.

The issue is with the iPad.  I don't know how to do it with Apple.  It can be done apparently, but it requires a bit of extra effort.

There's one guy on the O scale forum who can't do it, no matter what he tries.

I'm about to inherit my late mother in law's iPad, so I'm hoping to learn how to do it for reference.

I think that it's relatively easy to download Firefox, Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max.  Happy New Year, thank you for your reply, I would like to hear how you get on, the thing about iPad? is mine sits on the floor beside my armchair, and it is too convenient .   all the best. Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Martin Wynne is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Testing Android

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Martin Wynne is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Kevin, Max,

Just tried that last post on my Android tablet (cheapo iPad equivalent) and it works fine using the Upload new photo for insertion button, as you can see.

As far as I know, since the upgrade, those buttons should work on ALL devices everywhere, including mobiles and tablets, and including Safari on an Apple Mac.

The one possible exception is iPad, and since I don't have one, I can't test it.

Kevin, what happens if you click that button on the iPad? Does it go to wherever iPad stores its files? Or do you see a message? if so, what does it say?

Alternatively your iPad probably comes with a USB lead to connect it to your laptop? My tablet does. When I connect it, it becomes an external drive like a memory stick on the laptop. So I could upload any files from it via the laptop that way if I wanted to. You should be able to do the same with your iPad.

If not, I really don't understand why anybody buys the damn things, if they cost so much and do so little.  :???:

regards,

Martin.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Martin.  Happy new year.

Wendy is a Mac tragic, so she buys one of each in the range.

I might borrow her iPad and have a go tonight (that's if I can wrestle it from her).   :mrgreen:

Posted
Rating:
Hi Martin.  Happy New Year. Thank you for your reply. I followed your lead( er well, sort of )and I found that some unposed images of myself and some others seem to have moved to YMRC. But I was unorganised when I took the photos and I did not print them in the correct order i.e. For a thread, I shall "have to get my house in order?" Before I attempt a thread on a particular theme.   all the best  Kevin

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max.   Thanks to Martin he "Showed me the errors of my ways?" And I now have photos on the system, albeit "Higgledy piggledy". So now I have managed to move the photos I had better remember or learn how to get the images upright.   all the best. Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

This is done on Wendy's iPad exactly the same way as I do it on my PC, Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max.  Happy New Year again?   I have managed to get an assortment of photos onto YMRC but, looking at the iPad they are "Upright" but, they turned out "Higgledy Piggledy ". It is a rough bunch of photos too, but just to see how it works.   Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Kevin

What do you mean by "Higgledy Piggledy?"

That's outside my photo lexicon.   :lol:

Cheers

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I just went into your account and "Became You" so I can see what you mean.  It looks like they are loading on their sides.

It might be a local problem with your device, because as you can see, I was able to upload the photo of our dog, Blossom - and have it stay upright.

Just to check that your account is OK, I'll Become You again and load a photo from my computer.

Stand by . . .

Posted
Rating:
OK  Here I am as Kevin.

All good.

Cheers
Max

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Back again.

Your account seems to be working OK from here, Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max.  Thank you, on my iPad the images are upright , but , as you saw they were sideways on YMRC.I do not know why or how to correct it, I do not know how to add them to a thread either. all the best. Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max.  That is a term my Grandmother used, many years ago, and it means in disarray I think?   Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Disarray? The only thing wrong with them is that they are not upright, that I can see.

Is that what you mean?

Inserting images is simple.  Use the button in the Post Reply pane - "Insert existing photo from Gallery."

BUT

That's only necessary when you have already uploaded them.

What you should do is use the "Upload new photo for insertion" button when you are replying or posting.

Then it is inserted at the same time automatically.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I too am having problems uploading pictures so I'm now going to have another go.

Allan

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
YAY ! 

Now all I have to is remember what I did.

Allan.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.