Railart - On my Wife's Workbench

Posted
Rating:

Railway Paintings

For Christmas I bought Chris some water soluble oil paints. Water soluble because she used to paint a lot with oils but the spirits in them started to affect her hands which was why she started to use acrylics.

For her first dabble with them she chose a non railway subject which is very charming and she's made a wonderful job of it.

Meet Stanley,  the painting is entitled "Spoilt for Choice"

Sadly this has turned into a memorial for Stanley because he had to be put down the weekend before last.

Regards Rob
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Fantastic painting Rob especially as i have a Greyhound myself.So sorry to hear about Stanley and i can understand your loss as i have had to have my two previous Greyhounds put to sleep and it still hurts even after two years.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Oh no… I'm very sorry…

Posted
Rating:
Very sorry about your dog.  It's always hard to lose a much loved pet.
Wonderful painting.
Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hi All,

For those that are interested we have finally got organised and Chris now has her own website. 

http://www.chrispulhamrailwayartist.co.uk/

Regards Rob

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Some beautiful paintings and prints there Rob.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Alan,
I do feel very privileged to live in a house full of original artwork. I love them so much that on my office walls I have framed artists proofs too.

Regards Rob

Posted
Rating:
Chris has been beavering away for the last few months and has recently finished a couple more paintings.

The first of them is entitled "Startled By Steam" It's taken it's basis from a photo by a gent called Alan Harris which is entitled "Leaving Quorn" and used with his kind permission.

I asked if she would paint a snow scene so that I could get some Christmas cards done from it.  

Last edit: by Rob Pulham

Regards Rob

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Certainly talent in the Pulham family, well done to both of you.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Cheers Ron,  
Chris's is the talent, I just fetch and carry.

Regards Rob

Posted
Rating:
The other painting that Chris finished recently we took to the picture framers this morning. 

It's an interpretation of a photograph by Stephen Dance and again used with his kind permission. Stephen advised us that he had been taking photographs both under the bridge and on top of it for over 30 years and never before had he encountered such still conditions allow for such a good reflection in the water.

Regards Rob

Posted
Rating:
We have had an excellent weekend, the B16 has progressed nicely and we attended Kidderminster Railway Museum today, ostensibly to collect three of Chris's painting that were on exhibition there with the exhibition closing today.

However the Guild Council also met and having presented a portfolio of her works to them, Chris was elected a full member of the Guild of Railway Artists. A great achievement for any artist but I think more so because she's a lady painting what is largely a man's subject. - A very proud moment for me and I only fetch and carry for her. 

Regards Rob

Posted
Rating:
And very well deserved too. Tremendous works.
Cheers

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Marty,
The kind words are much appreciated by both myself and Chris

Regards Rob

Posted
Rating:
Hello all, 

Those of you who have expressed an interest in Chris's paintings, will get the opportunity to see them all together at a single exhibition.  

After quite a long wait  (we started talking to them in mid May)  we finally got

Last edit: by Rob Pulham

Regards Rob
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.