LMS ex MR 0-4-4T 1P

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member

Craftsman Kit

[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
You obviously have tiny fingers and far more patience (and skill) than I do John.  I'm with Gene here, I wouldn't even know where to start ……………:oops::oops::oops:

I'd know where to start Peter but it would still be a disaster.

Allan.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
One of the first etched kits I ever built was a Craftsman LNER C12, lovely loco, I got it second hand from a friend, he bought it but never did anything with it, when I built up the chassis there were no coupling rods, whether they were never there I,ve no idea, but it gave me the confidence to build more.

Cheers, Pete. 

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!

Posted
Rating:
A kindred spirit - nothing like a loco kit for a challenge, esp. when there are no rods.

I'm tempted to have a go at something 7mm, but I've got a lot on my plate right now.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
A marathon session today.  I decided to bash on with the body build:

The cab is only tacked on at the moment in order to ensure the firebox is positioned correctly.  Firebox, splashers, smokebox saddle and door are all whitemetal and I'm pleased to say I didn't cheat - everything soldered. :patheadEven now, although you can't see it, there is a gap between the boiler and tank front - must figure out how to patch that.

The bad news is that my motor/gearbox won't fit - the boiler is just too small. :Red Card I've sussed out a gearbox and motor that should fit - I just have to go and get it at High Level.

Now, I really do need the stuff I ordered from AGW and I haven't heard a dickie bird from him for over a week. :brickwall

John

John

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.