Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
[user=606]Sol[/user] wrote:
OK added a side rail

but due to the large solenoids in front, I m not happy with the location .
a bit further to the right but have to angle it

still not enthused so I have this version ( yes USA outline) but as there are so many variations of signal boxes/cabins  in the UK. it may fit in..

Just a thought Sol, but if you could set the point solonoids back from the track a little, one you could hide under the signal box and the other under a longish lamp hut maybe.

As I said, just a thought though not as dangerous as most of my ideas !

Allan

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Allan, shifting solenoids would be a major job as the turnout itself would have to be lifted to extend the operating rods which are in the hole in the tiebars. The solenoids are not a clip fit to the tiebar.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Allan, shifting solenoids would be a major job as the turnout itself would have to be lifted to extend the operating rods which are in the hole in the tiebars. The solenoids are not a clip fit to the tiebar.

Told you some of my ideas were dangerous Sol !

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Same here Ron, i thought the original position was better.  Plus you are allowed to use modellers license .

reg

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
nearly finished….

and this one shows the clearances both sides…

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
that gets my vote Ron,like it a lot.
:thumbs;-):cool:
Owen

web-cam 2.2.74.174:8081
if the lights are off no cam

Posted
Rating:
Very nice mate. Well worth the effort to produce something a little different. :thumbs:

Marty

Last edit: by Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Looking very nice. Mind you, with the increase in height the current absence of a lever frame is more noticeable.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
The cabin has been modernised - no lever frame as such, just an angled table with track plan and touch switches as all turnouts & signals are electric. You may have noticed, no chimney either. The D&S replaced the old West cabin a few years ago. The other end of the station is still worked the old way - lever frame …  well that is my story !

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
The cabin has been modernised - no lever frame as such, just an angled table with track plan and touch switches as all turnouts & signals are electric. You may have noticed, no chimney either. The D&S replaced the old West cabin a few years ago. The other end of the station is still worked the old way - lever frame … well that is my story !

Every great layout has to have an opt out excuse Sol, and yours is as good any !

Anyway, your layout, your rules, and as it should be ! And my excuse for interior less signal boxes ? Still working on it, still working on it…

Allan.

Posted
Rating:
The cabin has been modernised - no lever frame as such, just an angled table with track plan and touch switches as all turnouts & signals are electric. You may have noticed, no chimney either. !
Yeah, I can see the table now.  Well, if that cabin's been modernized then you might want to make sure it has a ventilator for a modern heating system, and an air conditioner somewhere.;-)

Last edit: by ZeldaTheSwordsman

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.