N Gauge - Marty�s Project � Pentrecourt Halt

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
as a holder of the wooden spoon i am with Jrj,we want trains.
 :twisted:  :twisted:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
We want trains & trains & ….
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
WE WANT TRAINS AND WHEN DO WE WANT THEM NOW  :D
Phill
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Marty

This is going to be a diorama you are going to be very proud of.
By the time you have finished scenery it will look outstanding.

cheers Brian.W
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Looking good Marty.  Your mud is very good.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Marty, I've not commented on this project much, but I've read every post.
It's been a real pleasure to watch it develop and you should be proud of what you've achieved so far.
If only more modellers (not necessarily on this forum) would use a small diorama to try out new techniques, there would be a lot of improvements in many layouts.
When this is finished, you'll have learned a lot and had a lot of enjoyment in the process.

Now about those tracks, it will be necessary to power them up and run a loco across them, otherwise how will you know that your scenery making has not ruined the electrical capabilities of the track :?:  :wink:  :wink:
So we will see that shot after all then :!:  :!:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
All right, all right…
I can't bear to disappoint you lot so I'll have a think about the fiddleyards and power to the track.
The Altycefan bridge makes a good scenic break at one end but how about the other end?
I might have to make a second scenic board with a tunnel at the other end… just to practice my tunnel and cutting building you understand  :roll:

… updates as they come to hand.

… and many thanks all for your interest and encouragement.

Will this qualify as one of Sam's microlayouts? I might even beat him to actually completing one  :shock:  8)

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Sam
Guest user
Who wouldn't?  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

Looking bloomin' marvellous Guv'nor!!  :)  :)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thank you Sir.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Well done Marty, you know it makes sense.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Har-Har,

I knew he'd crack in the end!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

seriously though mate.Its a work of art,so….why not make it work? You'll thank us in the end.

Cheers,John.B.

Posted
Rating:
You see a bit pf pressure and he gives in. We in this Forum have the power to save the world, sorry got carried away there.
Looking forward to this one.
Phill

Posted
Rating:
Progress update 16th July 2008

The stone abutments to the steel girder bridge are slowly taking shape.
Scratchbuilt from plain styrene and slaters plastikard the front walls are pretty much complete on both banks. Other side of the bridge to be done now and then join them up together under the bridge and the occupation tunnel.

In the photos the stone and steel parts aren't glued together, just sort of resting on each other.

I've also been experimenting with the first layer of ground cover, Woodland Scenics scatter, two types of grass.

After dropping GWR Railcar No. 19 and demolishing the front, Bachmann have quickly and efficiently posted out a new body shell from their spares department for only 20 pounds and she is back on the rails again.

I've finally got around to cutting a strip off a "hairy" dishwashing cloth, for want of another discription, painted it with acrylics and plonked it onto the bank of the river to see what it looks like.
It still needs glueing down and mixing up with other stuff yet but so far I like it.

… and the other bank has had some detailing too, including smaller river rocks on the bank and granite slabs breaking through further up.

As always, anything that you can see that I might be able to improve please let me know.

I'm just about to hit a busy period with SES and the shops, about 3 weeks worth, so this will have to do you for a little while.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Stone & Steel work looks good Marty.
The other scenery now starts to give it a touch of realism - not just white plaster & wood.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Those abutments look great. Nice work!
 The hairy dish cloth looks good too. Did you have any trouble with it all matting together when you painted it? Sometimes that happens with my cleaning cloths and it's pretty annoying.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Mike,

Yup, stick together they did but I let them dry and then used a toothbrush to separate them and stand them up again. Something I read in a "how to" scenery book.
Got to do it carefully or it can pull the fibres out of the base cloth.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.

Posted
Rating:

Sol said

The other scenery now starts to give it a touch of realism - not just white plaster & wood.

Thank goodness :!:  
I've been starting to wonder if I'd ever get there with the main layout, still constructing roadbed and track.
This diorama is proving very useful.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Marty

You must feel you are getting somewhere now those last few piccys really do look brill the rockwork is looking really good and blends in very well.
Im sure many people will think this is OO and not realise this is an N gauge project.

cheers Brian.W
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
N  :shock: , well i was one who thought it was actually OO :oops: , must of missed the size somewhere then. Its even more astounding then how you have done all this detail.
I mean i looked back at the pics and realised what fooled me. The dam tractor, it is within keeping of the size if you know what i mean.
So well done mate.
Phill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Marty,it`s looking great, especialy considering the scale i can`t do that in 00
looking forward to seeing the water flowing.
 :oops:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.