nice work Doug,they look great,now come and fix my webcam//
:thumbs:thumbs;-):cool:
Owen

web-cam 2.2.74.174:8081
if the lights are off no cam
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Aaaagh….'Pooter problems, my nemesis. ..

Thanks for the post, Owen, hope it gets sorted.

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
While I remeber, some basic airbrush tips that helped me when I first used one.

Practice taking it apart for cleaning before the first time you put paint through it.

Diluted food dyes sprayed onto paper are a good way of getting used to using the brush as you can just clean it out with water and it will not clag up the brush.

And this site has some useful information:

https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/

Last edit: by Campaman

Cheers

Andy

Posted
Rating:
Super hints! Ta muchly, Andy,

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

Posted
Rating:
Decidingthat my Tugwell-Pushleys needed something to do, I started on a mess/tool van for a little works train….using a cut-down and narrowed Cooper Craft OO GWR van as the body, mounted on a Peco 15ft guards van chassis I have sourced from UK. A width of 24mm  will be my chosen 'widft' for such things. I am saddened to find that  these chassis, though relatively inexpensive in themselves, are nearly  trebled in cost by being posted to SW FRance in a cardboard box large  enough to house two 12"/1ft guinea pigs in complete, yea, sybaritic  comfort….  
Why not stick'em in a padded envelope and send 'small letter rate' ???

So, herewith, piccies, and progress showing on the bigger 90HP Tugwell.  Waiting on the arrival of my air-brush to complete same.

As there is no extra width to use up on my chosen 50mm x 35mm loading gauge, the Gronan Creek mess-van is fitted with wind-on brakes at each end, above the Greenwich couplers.

Hope this does not drive you into voluntary catalepsy,

Poop-poop!

Doug

Last edit: by Chubber

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Not at all.

They are very nicely done, Doug.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Max!

Posted
Rating:
Well, the good news is that we appear to have sold the house, as mentioned elsewhere, the bad news is that the packing up of modelling stuff starts in earnest, as we should leave France at the end of October, and we have a caravan trip to Brittany planned at the end of September!

So, before I put my little trains away for the duration, I took some posed-up photographs, see below.
My locomotive roster and freelance  2-plank wagon and mess/tool van, which with the green 90HP  Tugwell-Pushley will make up my Engineer's train.

The maroon 70HP T'Pushley is in disgrace as the paint shop had a bad  day. Peter the Painter got the undercoat on O.K. but after a liquid  lunch was a bit careless in applying the top-coat. [The results of a  poor quality rattle-can]

My first airbrush arrived two weeks ago, so I've been able to use it  to paint the green one, and the van and wagon using diluted artists  acrylics.

Both diesels are running on Bachmann 'Plymouth' N gauge 0-6-0 chassis', the  maroon undisguised, but the green I have tried to cover with a  representation of an 0-4-0 layout as being more UK prototypical.

The 2-plank wagon and the van are each running on a Peco 15ft N  gauge chassis, an idea I picked up from Graham Mosby. ['Mozzer' on the OO9 Society]  I think I shall  continue to use these as my preferred undercarriage. I chiselled away  the mounts for the Peco couplings, and fitted the Greenwich pattern.

Poop-poop!

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
They look absolutely brilliant Doug, your gonna' miss 'em :cry:

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Yes!  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Well, just when you thought you'd got rid of me, in between searching for a house in the West Country….

[Wanted-3 bed detached on corner plot, not overlooked, small garden, double garage or space for a big shed Ivybridge, or max 20 minutes from the sea, plastic windows low maintenance about £350K]

…I have been messing about with another white metal model, a Nasmyth-Wilson 2-6-2 to go on a Graham Farish Prairie chassis.

Until the tanks etc are fixed, this thin footplate is very prone to bending, so I have made a 'rest' to keep it flat during assembly

Chassis with pony wheels removed during fetting

Boiloer casting is in three segments, posed up here. Sadly quite a few flaws in the smoke box moulding

and to show how a bit of filler and black primer can 'ide the 'orrible..

We have visited 4 West Country camp-sites in the last month in Piglet II, getting a feel for the areas, and have our house on the market at a realistic price for a Basingstoke semi 45 minutes from London on the M3, had four viewings and one offer £15K under the price we'd like, early days yet.

Ho hum,

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Excellent work as usual, Doug.   :thumbs

We might see you two on one of those country home search shows.   :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Max!

Shan't be on TV anytime soon, as we have accepted an offer on this house, had our offer on a house in Ivybridge, Devon [sorry Sol, Devan] accepted and we HOPE to move first week in September. Very handy for the South Devon Railway at Buckfastleigh, too.

Huzzah!

Meanwhile, little modelling done, but decided that the original 4mm pony wheels on the Graham Farish chassis look very odd on this model, so have replaced them with 6mm wheels from Parkside. They look more prototypical, as much as anything can on an outside motion locomotive built with imaginary inside motion can.

Judge for your selves….

Titchy wheels…

Bigger wheels…

I've also replaced the dodgy looking safety vales with some 'pop' types, made from off-cuts of WD40 spray tube and 1mm plastic rod. Don't know how much more I'll be doing, practically, as all the stuff I started to unpack in November has to be re-packed…….

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Hi Doug,

Your carefully crafted domestic bliss situation looks extremely promising, so the utmost best of luck to you and yours for a smooth transition to a long and rewarding life of contentment in Devonshire. I spent a most happy few years there as an urchin from '59 to '66.

Bon courage,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
I agree Doug, the bigger wheels look better. You are building up quite a fleet. Going to keep the MPD team busy.
Good luck with the move.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
I like the bigger wheels too Doug.Quite an impressive loco stud you're amassing on the QT.Hope your domestic situation resolves itself soon as,I'm sure you're both hoping for the same too.Say woof woof to Bisto for me!

Cheers,John.B. :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Chaps, for your replies and wishes, must face the dreaded packing again…..

Hi, Uncle John!!

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Awwwwwwww,Bisto………….(as opposed to Ahhhhh,Bisto!)

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.