New small layout housing

Posted
Rating:

Got idea of using a reptile vivarium

[user=19]Marty[/user] wrote:
Nice loco, you'll have a lot of fun with that I reckon.
Marty
Itching to use it haha 
Wanted a little 08 but they are not dcc ready and my skills are not honed in just yet so didn't want to attempt it just yet in retro fitting a chip to oneThe class 25 I've got is weathered out of the box and looks great 
Will be pestering you about n gauge stuff now lol
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Been using some plaster repair stuff today and was thinking it looks a lot like concrete when set Sorry for poor pics hard to get close ups with phone

Last edit: by Stuart Carlyon

Posted
Rating:
Looks good to me… won't even have to paint it from those pictures if the concrete look is what you are after!
cheers
Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Must agree, the finished result looks great,:thumbs.

Pete.

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!

Posted
Rating:
Hmm, difficult to see without any reference to scale tbh, but it may well serve, but will need weathering. Concrete simply doesn't stay pristine for very long and will also have plenty of formwork (mould) lines, in accordance with the construction sequence (may not matter so much in 'N') and some subtle colour variation between batches. I've often mixed talcum powder with paint to replicate concrete in OO gauge.

It's also good to see that you're forging ahead now Stuart and the move to N gauge will certainly give you the extra space you need, as well as some modelling challenges.

Good luck with your plans and keep us posted.

Bill :)

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Well order has been placed for a custom vivarium with additional glass panel in the top for viewing as well as the front sliding pair
Hopefully it will be here in 3 weeks but could take 6
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.