Terminus Layout Station Plan

Posted
Rating:
[user=434]John Dew[/user] wrote:
Great job on finishing the sides of the station Tony:thumbs

I think you will find that the best Scalescene kit to finish the platform side of the building is the large station…….the one with a tower…….I know you dont need that but it has a variety of frontages with different combinations of windows/doors and arches that can be mixed and matched.

I guess you will eventually have to come off the fence regarding Time period/Operating Company at least as far as the station is concerned. Signage and travel posters are going to be a definite time stamp

:pedal

:cheers     John
Hi John.

Thanks for the kind words.It ended up looking ok so I'm happy with that.

No fences on my railway. Its open plain.
Ok to put you out of my misery ;-)
I like the LMS colours & any other station on my layout is painted in LMS colours.
The terminus station building is of Midland origin so we'll stick with the LMS.
The period is late LMS but rule 1 applies in that with the benefits of time travel you'd never know what you might find.

Cheers.
Tony.

"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"
Regards.
Tony.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
:mutley

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Hi Tony,

I was kidding re the fiddle yard. Mind you, all that space under the peninsula……..

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
[user=1632]BCDR[/user] wrote:
Hi Tony,

I was kidding re the fiddle yard. Mind you, all that space under the peninsula……..

Nigel
Will you stop giving me ideas.
Do you want the bank manager to have heart failure :thud
On second thought what a lovely idea, about the bank manager that is
:mutley

Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Tony,

Nigel
My Layout ws based on the same Cyril Freezer plan and I managed to fit some storage and turn around under the peninsular.

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
G`day Tony,
I`ve just gone through this thread and what a great railway you are building there. You ability with woodwork has served you well and resulted in a good base on which to build your railway.
I`m sure your terminus will be just as spectacular as the rest of your railway and I look forward to following your progress.
This forum is a great place for like minded people to swap ideas and it seems like you`ve already had considerable input from some of these guys.
I love your station building……a mini work of art just waiting for somewhere to sit.
Well done :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

:cheers  Gormo

"Anyone who claims to have never made a mistake, never made anything!!"

https://sites.google.com/site/greatchesterfordmodelrailway/home

Posted
Rating:
[user=1043]Wizmacnz[/user] wrote:
Hi Tony,

Nigel
My Layout ws based on the same Cyril Freezer plan and I managed to fit some storage and turn around under the peninsular.

Hi Peter.

Interesting take on the Freezer plan.
Pity you weren't able to continue with it but things change sometimes & we have to go in a different direction.
Such is life I suppose.

Regards.
Tony.

Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1224]gormo[/user] wrote:
G`day Tony,
I`ve just gone through this thread and what a great railway you are building there. You ability with woodwork has served you well and resulted in a good base on which to build your railway.
I`m sure your terminus will be just as spectacular as the rest of your railway and I look forward to following your progress.
This forum is a great place for like minded people to swap ideas and it seems like you`ve already had considerable input from some of these guys.
I love your station building……a mini work of art just waiting for somewhere to sit.
Well done :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Hi Gormo.

Thank you for the kind words.
Any ability I have is not down to any particular training.
I've just always enjoyed working with my hands. Where someone else throws something away I prefer to find out why its not working. That's just the way I am.
I've had some great help from people on this site & I'm grateful for that. Its nice to be able to get a different point of view on something.
The great thing I found about this site is everyone is so friendly.

I think the hardest part is finding a name for my terminus. I was thinking the other day I would call it Victoria Road & then I discovered there was already a Victoria Road on here.
And here was I thinking I was being original :roll:

Cheers.
Tony.

Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
G`day Tony,
You can call it Victoria Road if you wish…..this forum gives the impression that we are all just a wink away from each other , whereas in reality some of us are geographically half a world away. Therefore a model called Victoria Road ,based in Ireland, will not clash in any way with a model called Victoria Road from any other country in the world.
That`s my simple colonial logic.!!..  :hmm

Go for it if you like it.!!

"Anyone who claims to have never made a mistake, never made anything!!"

https://sites.google.com/site/greatchesterfordmodelrailway/home

Posted
Rating:
[user=1224]gormo[/user] wrote:
G`day Tony,
You can call it Victoria Road if you wish…..this forum gives the impression that we are all just a wink away from each other , whereas in reality some of us are geographically half a world away. Therefore a model called Victoria Road ,based in Ireland, will not clash in any way with a model called Victoria Road from any other country in the world.
That`s my simple colonial logic.!!..  :hmm

Go for it if you like it.!!

Hi Gormo.

Only joking I know I can call it whatever I want but it would have been nice if I could have been original.
Where I came from there is a road called Victoria Road & for some reason I rather liked it. It didn't have a railway station but so what :doublethumb
Onward & upward.

Cheers.
Tony.

Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
Gormo is right of course you can call it whatever you like but you are correct of course…..it may be confusing…..particularly for old short sighted pensioners like me……..I logged on just now saw "Victoria Road"……thought Tony didnt waste much time changing the title and found myself in Scotland rather than Ireland:roll:

The station is almost too imposing to be called "xxxx Road" ……….xxx Street  or even xxxx Junction etc could be more fitting.

PS Granby is spoken for :lol:

Best Wishes

John

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
[user=434]John Dew[/user] wrote:
Gormo is right of course you can call it whatever you like but you are correct of course…..it may be confusing…..particularly for old short sighted pensioners like me……..I logged on just now saw "Victoria Road"……thought Tony didnt waste much time changing the title and found myself in Scotland rather than Ireland:roll:

The station is almost too imposing to be called "xxxx Road" ……….xxx Street  or even xxxx Junction etc could be more fitting.

PS Granby is spoken for :lol:

Best Wishes

John
I got it.:hmm

"Grandy"
Only joking :mutley

Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
how about Victoria Central :thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
How's about Victoria beckham. ………….. No that just being silly. Sorry mate. Hang my head in shame. I sympathise with your plight. I'd just go Victoria road and maybe post reference it with ( 2 ) . It's enough to distinguish it from the existing version. I don't think Paul would mind. If it's a place that has meaning to you then it should be adopted.

Let us know what you decide.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=1708]mattc6911[/user] wrote:
how about Victoria Central :thumbs
What a great idea :thumbs
Now why didn't I think of that ?
Don't answer that
:It's a no no

Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1505]toto[/user] wrote:
How's about Victoria beckham. ………….. No that just being silly. Sorry mate. Hang my head in shame. I sympathise with your plight. I'd just go Victoria road and maybe post reference it with ( 2 ) . It's enough to distinguish it from the existing version. I don't think Paul would mind. If it's a place that has meaning to you then it should be adopted.

Let us know what you decide.

Cheers

Toto
Don't you dare ;-)
If naming it is the only problem I'll ever have then I'll be lucky.
"Victoria Central" it is thanks to mattc above :thumbs

As a matter of interest ?
How would that go on a station name board in LMS days?

Victoria Central as one line
or
Victoria
Central
one above the other ?

Cheers.
Tony.

Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Hi Tony,

Why not have both names on the station boards, VICTORIA CENTRAL (Victoria Road)…?? LMS did use this form of signage. ;-)

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
[user=878]Gary[/user] wrote:
Hi Tony,

Why not have both names on the station boards, VICTORIA CENTRAL (Victoria Road)…?? LMS did use this form of signage. ;-)

Cheers, Gary.
Thanks Gary.
Cheers.
Tony.

Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Victoria Central .......... Sounds good to me.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Well I put the plan down on the baseboard today.
It gives me a chance to see what it looks like in real size & what changes if any I need to make.
There are a few kinks but they'll be sorted out as I go along.
The photo may not be great as I used my phone to take it.
I'll try & take a better photo when I get a chance.

Last edit: by amdaley

Regards.
Tony.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.